Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1626 Discussions

Does arc 380 graphics card support gvt-d technology?

Alan0073
Beginner

I want to set up a homeserver that can distribute one gpu resource to multiple VM,Does arc 380 graphics card support gvt-d technology? I wanna use ubuntu 20.04  that be host system, I don't know if arc 380 supports it.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Alan0073

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding Intel® Arc™ A380 Graphics. We have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Forum so this request can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mark9_Intel

Hello Alan0073,

I will proceed to check this request internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Mark S.  

0 Kudos
Mark9_Intel

Hello @Alan0073,

After further investigation, we found that the Intel Arc discrete graphics family doesn't support virtualization technologies. For more information, check Graphics Virtualization Technologies Supported on Each Intel Product Family: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091656/graphics.html

For virtualization workloads, we recommend looking at the Intel Artic Sound solutions.

https://download.intel.com/newsroom/2022/corporate/vision/Intel-Arctic-Sound-M-Fact-Sheet.pdf

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best regards, 

Mark S.  

0 Kudos
juanme555
Beginner

I have a question, do Alchemist gpus support interlaced resolutions? custom resolutions made with CRU or is there a way to make custom resolutions (interlaced) from the Intel Graphics panel???

0 Kudos
MarkJ
Novice

Hi Mark,

Is this a hardware limitation or a driver limitation?  I also just purchased an A750 card and had to disable virtualization in order to get my monitors to turn on.  Also, is this purely a limitation when used with AMD CPUs?

If it is a driver limitation, are there plans to address it?

0 Kudos
Mark9_Intel

Hello @juanme555 , 

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities. 

Please create a new thread and post the question that you have there. This is to provide you with more personalized assistance with your request.

Best regards, 

Mark S.  

0 Kudos
Mark9_Intel

Hello Alan0073,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Mark S.  

0 Kudos
Mark9_Intel

Hello Alan0073,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Mark S.

0 Kudos