Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1811 Discussions

Driver Update breaking Intel Arc Control

Heilstein
Beginner

Card: Intel Arc A770 SPARKLE ROC Luna

Hi there, 

every Driver Update I do seems to not go smooth at all. Since I bought the card I had the driver update seem "unfinished" with Intel Arc Control closing itself during the install and not reopening itself. After manually opening Intel Arc Control back up, the driver version is the newest, however the "Check for updates" is unable to find an update / unable to reach the Server after the driver Update. 

To "FIX" this Intel Support just tells people to use DDU and reinstall Intel Arc Control, however for me next Driver Update breaks it again. Whats even the point of having a Software to Update your drivers, if I have to manually remove and reinstall the drivers every second Driver Update. 

Anyone got a real fix for this behavior, or do I need to hit the lottery every second Update?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Healing stone,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

You are correct, the recommendations for this issue is to reinstall the Arc Control Panel.

Let me just share the links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096688/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096682/graphics.html

However, since you are using a 3rd party Arc Graphics, they may have altered or modify this card and may require their own driver.

You may also try to check if there is available driver from Sparkle.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Heilstein
Beginner

This is not an acceptable fix as I said. There are no vendor specific drivers for Sparkel cards.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Healing stone,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Please help generate the SSU logs of your system for us to further check this issue.

Kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Healing stone,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Healing stone,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Thank you and have a great day. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos