Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Font blurring issue

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

According to

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093049/graphics.html

there has been a "font blurring" bug with Arc GPU.

Currently on reddit there are still people reporting they are having this issue, but the newer version of Arc Control does not show this option anymore. The only workaround is rolling back to an older version of Arc Control. Seems like newer versions of Arc Control default the option to "Force ON" but hide the option in the user interface so that it cannot be changed. Definitely a big mistake.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having font blurring issues with your Intel® Arc™ Graphics Card, I will be happy to help you.  

We appreciate for letting us know that that option is not available anymore on Intel® Arc™ Control.

I will start an investigation to make sure that we have the same issue in our end.

I will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

We still working on the investigation, we appreciate your patience, we still trying to replicate the issue, I will contact you soon with further information.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

We have been working on the investigation, and you mentioned the Anti aliasing (CMAA) option has been removed from Intel® Arc™ Control as Anti-Aliasing options are implemented in-game settings for each title. We recommend making the CMAA change using the game settings.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I
You haven't got the point. The problem manifests in various desktop programs, not in games. That's why we need a "global" "Force OFF".
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I
I just replied to the previous message.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for your response, clarification, and all the information provided, it has been really helpful.

I will continue with the investigation, to check if there is another option available as it also happens in programs. I will let you know the next steps as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

We were investigating your feedback is going to be passed to the product team for consideration.

For that, please answer the following question:

• Which apps do you have the issue with?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for your answer, it was really helpful.

I have submitted the recommendation, and it has been passed to the product team for consideration.

We will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos