Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Forza Motorsport 2023 still Consistently causes BSOD on A770 system after every race

HN299
Employee

Hi,

I have been facing consistent crashing for Forza Motorsport 2023 since the game's launch. And even today after the Update 2.0 it is still the same issue for my Arc A770. Basically after every race and ended, the whole game will be frozen during the loading screen for the next race. After the freeze, a BSOD will occur at "igdkmdn64.sys" which I assume are the Intel Arc Drivers.

I have tested on the 4887 launch driver, the 4900, 4952 and latest 4953 drivers. The issue is still there since the game's launch and even after Update 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. It is super annoying, I can only play for 1 race then the PC will BSOD every time.

My system specs:

Intel NUC Extreme 13900K Kit

Corsair 2 x 16GB 4800MHz SODIMM

Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition

@Jean_Intel  Appreciate it if you'll continue to look into this as there is a similar thread (Forza Motorsport 8 (FM2023) - Intel Community) but the user is only experiencing game crashes. My BSOD happens 100% of the time after a race, and the BSOD happens during the loading screen for the next race.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello HN299

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I will be happy to help with this issue, I know that getting constant crashes on your games can be pretty annoying.

We had received a couple of reports informing about crashes on this game that got resolved in our latest drivers, so as a first recommendation I would advise that you completely uninstall the game from your system, redownload, and reinstall it as there might be corrupted files in the installation. Also, please uninstall your current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled reinstall the latest version 31.0.101.4593.

If the BSODs continue to happen, share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility so we can get more details of your driver and hardware.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hiruda
Beginner

edit: TLDR: "dynamic render quality" at ultra = FIX
made an acount just for you

ive had this exact issue, tons of trouble shooting
re-installed windows 23H2...... and then it was suddenly "fixed"
after 2 days without crashes......(excluding my driving style..... thats what i call an "driver" issue)
then i decided flipping extra options, "dynamic render quality" to low..... and BSOD started again
so.... set dynamic render to "ultra", because even "high" gives BSOD
and we lived happely ever after (i hope)

copy of all my settings, just in case
BASIC: ultra-custom-on-3840x2160-on-off
ADVANCED: ultra-60-100%-off-off-low-high-high-high-high-high-medium-high-high-off-off

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello HN299

I wanted to follow up with this issue and also let you know there is a newer driver update 31.0.101.4972 that you might want to test instead of the older version we advised in our previous post.

Also, I would advise you give a try to the recommendations @Hiruda shared since it seems there are no crashes on his game with those graphics settings.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello HN299

We have not received a response from you so far, we hope our previous recommendations to update the driver to the latest version as well as the recommendations provided by the community helped you to resolve this problem. We will be closing this thread, however, if you still need assistance, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos