Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1833 Discussions

Frame drops and stuttering in Assassin's Creed Syndicate with Intel ARC A750 LE

SparkFrenzy
Novice

Hello,

I am currently running an Intel ARC A750 LE GPU with the driver version 31.0.101.4887 released on 6th October 2023. I am running the game on 1080p and the graphics setting was set to High. To my knowledge, ARC A750 should be well capable of running the game on 60 fps at 1080p and high settings. However, the frame drops below 40 quite often. The frame drops are so frequent that it makes the game almost unplayable. I tried to see if thee frame drops and stuttering persist if I change the graphics settings to low or medium. But doing so only increases the maximum frame rate and doesn't solve the stuttering and frame drops problem. Assassin's Creed Unity is performing better than Syndicate. I can't determine whether this is a game problem or a GPU. problem.

I have attached my system info. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SparkFrenzy,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We see that you are experiencing performance issues when playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate. We would be more than glad to help you and to better assist you, we would like to confirm the following information:

• When did the crashing issue start? Is it present since day one?
  • Is Resizable BAR (or Smart Access Memory) enabled in your system? Remember that this feature must be enabled for optimal performance when using Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics. However, Intel® Arc™ Graphics can still work on a system without Resizable BAR enabled.
  • Did you have another graphics card before you installed the Intel Arc graphics adapter?
  • Which distribution service do you use to install the games? (Steam, Epic Games, Microsoft Store, Xbox Store)
  • Did you try any other troubleshooting steps besides lowering the game's graphics settings?

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SparkFrenzy
Novice

Hello,

1. There is crashing issue. The game does not crash. There are frequent stutters and frame drops. Specially when there are lots of building within the frames. It has been happening since day 1 of me starting to play AC syndicate on ARC A750.

2. Resizable BAR is enabled.

3. I had Sapphire RX 580 8 GB before the ARC A750 GPU. That GPU appeared to run AC syndicate far better.

4. I am using Ubisoft Connect as this is a Ubisoft published game.

5. Did not try any troubleshooting. I am not sure what troubleshooting to run.

Regards,

SparkFrenzy

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SparkFrenzy,

Since you mentioned that you had a Sapphire RX 580 8 GB, we want to recommend you install driver 31.0.101.488 after running the Display Driver Uninstaller to eliminate all previous driver residues. Files for drivers from another manufacturer can affect the functioning of the new graphics card. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
SparkFrenzy
Novice
Hello,

I used DDU and I uninstalled previous drivers. Then reinstalled the latest version of Intel ARC graphics. But still the problem remains the same.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SparkFrenzy,

We understand that the issue remains after you have used the DDU tool and installed the new driver. Based on this information, we will proceed to research this problem internally. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello SparkFrenzy,

We would like to jump in the thread to let you know that we continue to look into this matter. Allow us some time further look into this matter. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Esteban_Intel

Hi @SparkFrenzy ,

Starting on Intel Graphics driver version 31.0.101.5333 we included a possible fix for this issue. Please install the latest Intel Graphics driver version and test it out.

0 Kudos