Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1847 Discussions

Hunt: Showdown gamma issues

dabi
Novice

I just got the same error again (the gamma on desktop gets bugged to the value of the ingame gamma) Hunt: Showdown color issues , it happens if you change the ingame gamma (really important - different from the standard value, preferably max so its easier to see when you got the bug), then you close it. Now you gotta open the game, if the game crashes instantly without opening (that's how i got the visual bug, maybe every time it crashes that happens) the gamma is all changed on the desktop. I tried taking a screen capture, but it did not get the gamma bug (havent tried with arc control to take the screenshot).

Drivers installed after using DDU. Cant update to the latest windows build cause something with microsoft (idk).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

We tested the game in our lab and were able to reproduce the issue you are reporting, however, we also tested the game in a third-party GPU and the same issue can be seen as well, due to this we believe this is more of a game issue rather than a driver problem. In this case, we advise that you reach out to the game developers for further support as the issue might need to be patched from their side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities.

We will be glad to look into this graphics issue with the gamma settings of Hunt: Showdown, please share with us a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings and let us know the distribution service the game was downloaded from as we might need to try to reproduce this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
dabi
Novice

I got it from steam

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 120603.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 120626.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-29 120641.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

Thank you for sharing the information. we will investigate and check if we might need to try to replicate this issue, once there is an update we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

Before we take a further look at this issue, We want to recommend that you update your Operating System to the latest available version which is Windows 11 23H2 Update that corresponds to build 22631, from your original post we see that you are experiencing issues when trying to update the OS, so please get in touch with Microsoft so they can assist you getting your OS updated and let us know if the issue persists after doing do. Considering that the main desktop Windows is changing its color based on the gamma you set in the game this might as well be an OS issue, hence the recommendation to update it first.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
dabi
Novice

Ok, the problem is that I think I am already on 23H2 (22631) as I have the option for volume mixer somehow, which is a feature only available on the build 22631. So I actually don't understand whats happening in this case with my windows installation, as I have features that are only available on the newer build, but windows reports an older build. For example, this is paint and the volume mixer.

dabi_0-1704223291182.png

I'm going to consult that on windows support.

0 Kudos
dabi
Novice

I just tried to update to the latest version through the Windows11InstallationAssistant and when it finished the process and restarted the build is still 22621

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

In this case, we recommend getting in touch with Microsoft to confirm the Windows version running on your system is the 23H2 build, or if a clean installation might be necessary, if they can confirm the version is 22631 even though it shows otherwise we can continue to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
dabi
Novice

Just installed the latest build, the same from before applies. Got the same error

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

Thank you for letting us know. I see from the new reports the Windows build is now the latest. We will continue to investigate this issue now considering the problem still exists after updating the Operating System and I will post back once I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

We just want to let you know that we are still working on setting up a lab to try to reproduce this issue, once we have more information we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

We tested the game in our lab and were able to reproduce the issue you are reporting, however, we also tested the game in a third-party GPU and the same issue can be seen as well, due to this we believe this is more of a game issue rather than a driver problem. In this case, we advise that you reach out to the game developers for further support as the issue might need to be patched from their side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello dabi

I see the thread has been marked as resolved, we are glad the information helped. We will close this thread and no longer monitor it. If you need further assistance with any other issue, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos