Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Intel ARC A770LE 16GB Power Management Issues

Hector83
Beginner

I currently own an Intel A770 LE 16GB card. I have had few to no problems with it but while trying to enable PCI-E ASPM to reduce power consumption the system went into a blue screen.

The issue happened after I followed the instructions on this page. While enabling PCI energy maximum savings setting on windows' control panel.

Below are my system specs and I've attached a video showing the problem as well as the settings in the Motherboards UEFI. I'm also running intel's ARC latest drivers (31.0.101.4257).

MB: MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk WiFi

BIOS: 2.80

RAM: 32GB

CPU: 11th GEN Core i7-11700K

GPU: Arc A770LE (16GB)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hector83,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the Windows version install and the build?

2. What is the driver version installed for your graphics card?

3. Is teh BIOS in default settings?

4. Did you run all the Windows optional updates?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hector83
Beginner

Hi Deivid, thanks for the prompt reply. the answer to your questions is as follows:

1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, OS Build 22621.1265, with ALL optional updates INSTALLED.

2. Intel ARC graphics driver 31.0.101.4257 as stated in original post.

3. Bios is running defaults EXCEPT for PCIe ASPM which comes disabled by default and I enabled it as per instructions in 

Intel Article ID: 000092564 "High idle power consumption on Intel Arc Graphics Desktop cards."  No overclocking on CPU; RAM XMP profile active.
4. ALL Optional updates for Windows OS installed.

Except as shown in original post, the Arc A770 experience so far is extremely positive. Just trying to reduce power draw while on idle.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hector83, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Before we continue further, can you try with the driver version 31.0.101.4255?

If the issue persists, please provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Hector83
Beginner

Hello Deivid: I followed your instructions and unfortunately enabling maximum power savings on windows continue to crash the operating system into a blue screen. Find attached below the graphics report from Intel GCC. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank so much.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hector83, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hector83, 

Thanks for your patience. We would like to let you know that we tried to replicate the issue, but we did not get the same results. 

This means that the issue could be related to your setup since you are using 2 monitors supporting 4K @ 60hz, it may not be possible for the card to handle the pixel count requirements at a low power state causing the Blue Screen of Death.

We recommend you test with one monitor and if the issue persists, try to get in contact with the motherboard manufacturer for a BIOS update if needed or for further support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos