Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1831 Discussions

Intel Arc 770 LE GPU stuck at 300MHz while gaming!

Beuniquer
Novice

I play many games most of them are running pretty well while some games having weird issue like game runs well for few minutes and suddenly stuck at 300MHz for 15 to 30 seconds it's really annoying. I tried to run the game at every possible graphic settings from Low to Ultra but it doesn't work. I also attached Forza Horizon 5 different MHz images for better understanding!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Beuniquer
Novice

I figured out what causing the issue. It's related to GPU temperature, when Arc GPU reaches 90° Celsius it underclocked itself to 300MHz to lower the GPU temperature. If you're having the same issue feel free to contact me on <EMAIL REMOVED>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Beuniquer
Novice

I figured out what causing the issue. It's related to GPU temperature, when Arc GPU reaches 90° Celsius it underclocked itself to 300MHz to lower the GPU temperature. If you're having the same issue feel free to contact me on <EMAIL REMOVED>

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Beuniquer,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

We noticed that you had marked this thread as solved. Therefore, we like to know if you would like further troubleshooting regarding this issue.

Let us know if you face any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Beuniquer
Novice
I tried reaching you guys in every single way like email or chat but nobody answers my question so I moved it to this forum thinking someone in the forum will help me but still no one responded. So I figured it out by myself and that's why I marked my question as solved.

And No I don't need further information regarding my issue.

Thankyou for responding to my thread!
Have a nice day!
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Beuniquer,

We understand that you don't need more information about your issue. We are glad to know that with your research, you were able to find the cause of the problem.

We will now close this case. If you need additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

We apologize for the delay in previous responses.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Beuniquer,

Before closing the case, we would like to inform you that the card shouldn't be reaching the 90 C threshold.

Ideally, you can create a new thread to get support for his card's overheating issue (please, gather the IGCC report), and we recommend checking the case and fan configuration and trying a different Power Supply.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Beuniquer,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos