Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1646 Discussions

Intel Arc Driver 31.0.101.4575 Serious Memory Leak Intel Arc Control 1.73.5334.1 Follow-Up

Anonymous_Glitch
Beginner

My follow up to the below question from my previously closed thread: 

I apologize for not responding sooner as I had already updated to the latest .4952 version. Windows Device Manager showed I had .4952. Intel Arc Control conflicted and said I had .4575 even after updating. I have since removed Intel Arc, manually downloaded and performed a manual clean reinstall of the .4952 "latest driver". All seemed well, until now. Windows is telling me to install the "Updated Driver 31.0.101.4575"

I will not be doing such.

Is this because of my device make and model, or chipset build, or what? I need to know what direction to take this in, or who to escalate this issue to in order for the "Powers That Be" governing the "Recommended Updates" for my particular device and OS to look in to the likelihood that in this instance, 31.0.101.4575 may not be the answer. The most annoying part is that I can not block this "update" downgrade. It is not optional within the Windows 11 update menu. I feel that through language in Licensing, and Terms and Conditions that Dell has not approved the newest .4952 driver for release on my system yet and that may be the answer. However, the problem with that theory is that it is Windows 11 updater telling me to update this, not Intel Arc, Alienware Update, or Dell SupportAssist. So I am a bit confused.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, @Anonymous_Glitch    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous_Glitch
Beginner

And Windows just went ahead and updated the driver just now barely 3 minutes after posting that Now I am back down to the previous driver again.

0 Kudos
Anonymous_Glitch
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

You are asking questions I already answered in the post. I have stated I updated to the newest driver.

Yes, I updated to the newest driver.

I updated to 30.101.0.4952 before you posted.

I also showed that after I updated, Intel Arc Control still showed erroneously that I still had version 30.101.0.4575 while Windows Device Manager showed that I had the newest 30.101.0.4952.

This is called a conflict. 

I have since resolved all of the issues and now Intel Arc and WDDM (Windows Device Manager) both display and report the appropriate driver of 30.101.0.4952. 

HOWEVER, Windows Updater is trying to push the OLD 30.101.0.4575 back to my computer with WSUS (Windows Updater Service).

Dell (my manufacturer) only hosts and lists drivers that they have tested before releasing.

So this tells me that either A.)Intel is not working with Dell, i.e. lack of communication and Dell doesn't know the update exists yet. 

OR

B.) Dell is currently working on the testing phase of this driver prior to release.

Microsoft Windows also seems to not have received the notice that 30.101.0.4952 exists either.

My machine is an Alienware M18 R1 Intel i9 13900HX with NVidia RTX 4090.

Dell and Windows need to update their compatibility list to include my device and hardware in their repository. 

Who is the slug here? Intel, Windows, or Dell? Either way, it is between you three to get it fixed. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous_Glitch
Beginner

I replied, and the post has been deleted.

Yes I updated to the most current driver.

Yes Intel Arc created a conflict.

Yes Windows displayed the proper driver version while Arc did not.

I resolved that issue and now I have 30.101.0.4952 fully installed without conflicts.

Windows Updater is now trying to roll me back to 30.101.0.4575.

This is between Intel, Dell, and Windows to correct.

Intel released the driver.

Windows and Dell apparently aren't aware this update is compatible with my System Board and Processor/Complete System Build.

Windows and Dell need the appropriate correspondence from Intel in order to test, verify, and roll this out appropriately. 

I am taking a screen shot of this post this time since my posts are just disappearing. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous_Glitch
Beginner

This problem is now resolved.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Anonymous_Glitch, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, it is great to know that the problem has been resolved, thank you for confirming and sharing that information as well.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos