Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1531 Discussions

Intel Arc Graphics Card Tips

addelucas123
New Contributor II

good night

I'm David, there is a DirectX 12 performance problem, so when I play Red Dead Redemption 2 alone in ultra quality it throws 1 FPS and the rest of the games work fine for me. I want to send suggestions to the engineers to improve the problem and performance

Finally I have the drivers, and bios last version and RESIZABLE BAR activated but the performance only that game Red Dead Redemption 2 PC ultra quality DirectX 12 1 FPS the rest is fine.

my pc specs:

Intel Core i7--1700K, a 1x32 Ram 3200MHz module, Intel Arc A770 16GB graphics card and Corsair power supply: RM850 80 Plus Gold

Sincerely:
David De Lucas Ruiz

Labels (2)
32 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities.

To start we would like to gather more information regarding the performance issue that you are experiencing, please help us with the following:

• Were you able to run the game with those settings without any issues in the past?

• If you use different settings from ultra do you experience an improvement in performance?

• What is the platform that you used in order to get the game? i.e: Steam, Epic Games, Rockstar Games Launcher?

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
good morning

The game red dead redemption 2 I play in high quality and in DirectX 12 in full screen but it throws me at 1 FPS, It turns out that if I put Vulkan it goes well I use Rockstar Games Launcher platforms and I already verified the files and nothing, I have everything updated and latest version and installation of Windows 10 is freshly installed and I want to report these problems and performance urgently
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

Thank you for your response and all the information, to continue please gather the following

• Take a video of a few seconds of gameplay showcasing the game running on DX12 and then on Vulkan.

• Also, take captures of all the in-game settings you are using when the issue occurs.

This important information will allow us to determine the possible causes of the issue.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Goodnight

I'm David, I'm sending you the files and the two videos, the one with 1 FPS is DirectX 12 and the one with 63 FPS is Vulkan, both balanced game quality without touching parameters, I'll send you everything but I'm telling you from now on, I have everything updated to The latest driver version, check files and nothing, I want a report and in December or January release an update to correct the red dead redemption 2 problem

Sincerely

David

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

the configuration is default that it would be ultra

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Good Morning

I want to report the drivers so that DirectX 12 improves the problem, stability and performance, so I think that the problem is in the drivers, it is not a computer problem
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

Thank you for posting all of this information,

We will start working on this internally.

Ww will get back to you as soon as we have more information:

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
good morning

I'm David, I'm telling you if you're going to tell me several settings, don't tell me why I did it too and it's still the same because I checked the red dead redemption 2 game files and nothing, the drivers updated to the latest version and nothing, even deactivated in the background, What's more, they are drivers that when running DirectX 12 throw 1 FPS I want to report drivers and that I get something specific for that game
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

Thank you for sharing all of this information, we have all the details and we are checking the case internally and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Ok but keep it in mind and our engineers developers of intel drivers or as ssa, please take out drivers to correct the problem, thanks for assisting me

David
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

We are working on this issue, in the meantime can you test the game under the latest Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows Driver BETA?

To get this version please visit the following guide to complete a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Download link for the Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH Driver - BETA:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html

Once you have completed the update please share the outcome with us.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

I already tried the beta and nothing even red dead redemption 2 putting in DirectX 12 if I activate full screen 144Hz it throws me at 1 FPS I have to put 50Hz and deactivate vertical synchronization but if I put 144Hz and activate vertical synchronization it throws me 1 FPS and I know what It's drivers I want to report and do a favor by January or February you take out for that problem and correct performance

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello David1997, 

Thank you for the update, you may try Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html? )

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Enough Luis, I tried the latest version even installing new windows 10, that is, from scratch with the latest version drivers and nothing, which means that it is drivers because if the remains of the games and red dead redemption 2 go well, no, for which reason, send it to superior or marketing of Intel drivers please from today January 1, 2023 correct the problem.

When activating DirectX 12 144Hz with full screen is there where it throws me 1 FPS, So that I don't throw 1 FPS I have to deactivate full screen 50Hz it's weird if it's weird but what's weird is drivers are not well polished or optimized etc so do the favor to report etc, On the other hand Resizable BAR is activated the latest BIOS version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!!

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Let's see it seems that the 144Hz stays but as I activate vertical synchronization in red dead redemption 2 in DirectX 12 it throws 1 FPS but also when it goes to 144Hz it throws me at 50 to 63 FPS it means that it does not activate 144Hz come on it stays 50Hz Even if I activate it, 144Hz shoots me from 50 to 63 FPS DirectX 12 but I have to deactivate vertical synchronization and I see that the problem the game is not in the drivers is preventing the performance of DirectX 12 when activating 144Hz and vertical synchronization so As I have already made several configurations, please report with great respect and love, but report drivers so that the engineers can see what is happening now because I tried the pirated and original game and nothing and activate the DirectX that did not have it activated and nothing stays the same

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
When I put DirectX 12 144Hz in red dead redemption 2 it only puts it at 50Hz and if I activate the vertical synchronization there is where it throws 1 FPS and indeed it is in the drivers please report it so that it corrects the problem and I do not have to disturb anyone.
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

In case I'm wondering, I play it at a resolution of 1920x1080p 144Hz, it means that when I put 144Hz I apply it, it doesn't apply the changes, that is, it puts 50Hz and if I activate the vertical synchronization, there is where I get 1 FPS in red dead redemption 2 DirectX 12

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Good morning, I only ask to report the drivers because red dead redemption 2 does not work let's go 1 FPS, the rest of the games are going well except one Red Dead Redemption 2, I want to report drivers and that it says notes, DX12 is corrected when full screen is activated, how much to put a higher Hz frequency when I correct that for red dead redemption 2 there is no problem anymore, Please report drivers, remember to report

greetings from Spain
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good evening!

I'm David, I'm telling you PcComponentes told me the following, Hi David,

Going through your query, we see that you have already been serviced before and the graphics card performance was found to be ok with all games except the game Red Dead Redemption 2.

Let us know our resolution remains the same, as we cannot offer to repair the game or improve the compatibility of the graphics card, or its drivers, with a specific game, due to the fact that said task rests with the developer of the game in question or in the graphics card manufacturer (Drivers).

so please tell the developers Drivers Intel and improve or fix that problem thank you very much for your attention

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello David1997,

Thank you for your reply.

We would like to wish you a happy new year as well,

When it comes to the driver we are constantly working to improve the quality and performance of each Graphics adapter.

There is a new version of the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*, the version number is 31.0.101.4032, please install this new version and test the game in order to confirm if the issues persist.

To help you download the Intel® Arc™ Graphics - WHQL - Windows* driver please visit the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

To find a guide that will help you while completing a clean installation of this driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

Once you are able to test this please share the outcome with us.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos