Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1612 Discussions

Intel Arc Series Confusing Driver Release Notes

LynxRufus
New Contributor I

Hello,

usually I always tried out whichever driver appeared to be newest,

regardless of official WHQL/DCH Status, or released as BETA version.

However, I just noticed again, than driver updates are sometimes released just within a few days only on both different channels, first as beta and with minimal version number change, as whql/dch shortly after.

however, as it is the case with latest *. 4146 WHQL/DCH for example,

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/772016/ReleaseNotes_101.4146_WHQL.pdf

it mentions completely different game titles having received official 'game on' driver support:

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:
Destiny 2: Lightfall*

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty*

Game performance optimizations on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:

Halo Infinite* (DX12)

while others are left out that were mentioned  just  before, however in *.4125 BETA :

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/768896/ReleaseNotes_101.4125_BETA.pdf

Company of Heroes 3*
The Settlers: New Allies*

Atomic Heart*

Wild Hearts*

Like A Dragon: Ishin!*

or, in *.4123 BETA:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/767953/ReleaseNotes_101.4123_BETA.pdf

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:

• Hogwarts Legacy*
  • Returnal*

so, were those 2 developed & compiled independently from each other ?

I was under the assumption that each new WHQL/DCH driver would also have each fix& game support from previous Beta drivers implemented,

but I  also know this doesn't necessarily has to be the case, I could also imagine sometimes stuff is tried out separately for BETA releases and doesn't necessarily has to make it into next main WHQL/DCH immediatley but maybe a few iterations later..

anyway, if someone would like to 'play it safe' and stick only to each of the WHQL/DCH releases, which have non-beta 'release' status,

coming from *.4091 directly updating to next/current WHQL/DCH *.4146 for example,

you might never find out about which games have been added game support for in addition, since it's always only mentioned in each of the first (beta) versions where it appears for the first time.

and vice versa... destiny2, wo-long and the Halo:infinite adjustments are only mentioned in 4146 but not the 4125 beta before that, so what if I want to have 'optimized' drivers for hogwarts, atomic hearts, destiny2.. do I have to switch drivers each time? (I know I don't have to, but maybe you get my point why your release notes can be confusing sometimes, with drivers released so often - which I find is good btw.. just confusing at times if you compare the normal with beta branch, each with its own download/landing page)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We understand that you are confused about the information shared in our release notes.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response once we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus,

We appreciate your patience.

We first want to thank you for your comment; we confirm that we don't repeat the game titles as they are introduced in Beta vs. PV driver releases. We can look into changing this in future releases. Unfortunately, we can't promise it would happen, though, since there are other aspects to consider.

It is important to mention that fixes and game optimizations are accumulated by driver-build numbers.

For example, the drivers optimized by title are:

• Hogwarts Legacy = 101.4123 (Beta)
  • Atomic Heart = 101.4125 (Beta)
  • Destiny 2 = 101.4146 (PV)

Therefore, by installing driver 101.4146 (PV), you are already taking the fixes and improvements for the titles covered on previous Beta drivers (by build#). Now the latest Beta 101.4148 introduces fixes that are not in the latest PV driver yet, as noted in the Release Notes.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos