Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1723 Discussions

Issues with Intel ARC 750 screen glitching and freezing after running Baldurs Gate 3

alvinwp
Beginner

I was playing Baldurs Gate 3 when all of a sudden I blue screened. On restarted I decided to update drivers as it had been a few months. After this the graphics card no longer seemed to perform well, I could no longer start up the game (would receive DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors when using DirectX, and Vulkan would just crash). My screen is now constantly glitching/tearing and very so often will just freeze and flash black.

I have updated to the beta drivers, back to the old drivers, used DDU to remove all drivers and reinstall then and even reseated the GPU but nothing seems to fix this. Baldurs Gate 3 no longer can run and my screens remain glitchy.

I've attached a screen of a wiki page with corrupted text + a video of the screen glitching and a system support utility log.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics is giving you this frustrating error, I would like to collect more details to find the source of the problem. 

1. Do you have Resizable BAR enabled? This is recommended to improve the GPU performance.

2. Do you see any LED or beep code from the motherboard when the blue screen of death appears? This could provide more details about the issue.

3. Did you try a different monitor or TV? Just to confirm if the issue is related to the display.

4. What is the brand and model name of your monitor?

5. Did you try a different HDMI/DP cable? Sometimes a bad cable could cause graphics corruption.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
alvinwp
Beginner

Thanks for your help.

1. Resizable BAR is enabled
  2. Unsure of any LED or beep codes, the blue screen only happened at the start and has not happened since
  3. I use 3 different monitors and the glitching was seen in all 3 of them
  4. The monitors are each of different brands. LG, AOC and and off brand one
  5. I have not tried different cables but as mentioned I use 3 different monitors so it is unlikely the cables that are damanged. I have also switched to a Nvidia graphics card and the issues are gone so it seems unlikely this issue is related to the monitors, cables or windows installation.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

Thank you for the information. Taking into consideration the issue happened after a BSOD it would be good to power cycle the system to make sure all hardware devices get reset, you can follow these instructions:

• Turn off the system
  • Unplug the power cord from the power supply
  • Press and hold the power button for 10. Repeat this step at least 5 times.
  • Plug the power cable back into the power supply
  • Turn the system on and check if the issue still happens.

If the issue still occurs, we would like to check the type of BSOD that you experience so we can further investigate this issue, for that we need the log files that you can find at C:\Windows\minidump, look for the folder and attach the dump to your reply.

I see the glitches/artifacts show up on any of your monitors, even if you are not gaming. As for the games is Baldur's Gate 3 is that the only game that comes up with the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED? Or are all games affected by this issue? Have you had the chance to test any other?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

I wanted to check if you were able to power cycle your device and if this issue is still happening. In case you still experience this issue we would like to get the log files we requested in our previous post so we can check what caused the BSOD as well let us know if this is the only game affected by this issue to rule out if this is a general issue with the GPU or specific to this game.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
alvinwp
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your response, I have attempted your steps but the issue still occurs. Since I had switched graphics cards I had to re-install the Intel one as well as the drivers, the drivers themselves had been updated since I last attempted this but even with the new ones there was no luck.

This issue only seems specific to this game, but as mentioned before there are still artefacts on the screen even without the game open. Other games seem to work fine, and the game itself works fine when I switch graphics card.

I have attached the dmp file as requested for when the issue occured.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

I understand the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED and crashes are only happening on Baldu's Gate 3, however, the artifacts that the system is showing in the displays are quite interesting and we will need to further check the log file you shared with us. I can see the log file has the igdkmdnd64 as a failing module which is related to drivers but we will double-check it with our team before coming up with any conclusion.

I also wanted to confirm since I see that you reinstalled drivers, Did you install the latest version 31.0.101.4644? if so and not done yet we would recommend also using Display Driver Uninstaller for the installation of this new driver version.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
alvinwp
Beginner

Before this issue occurred I was using drivers 101.4369, that was the version in which the blue screen occurred and the issue started occurring. After this I tried using drivers 101.4577 and 101.4578 and used DDU each time to completely uninstall drivers. Across all three driver versions the same issues persisted. In the latest attempt I used the newer 101.4644 version and this issue still occurred. The blue screen has only happened the one time though at the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

Thank you for sharing those details with us. We will continue double-checking the minidump logs you shared with us and the information we have so far. I will get back to you once I have an update on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

Upon checking this issue we want to recommend that you test, if possible, a different power supply since in case the GPU is not receiving power as expected it can present the artifacts that you are seeing on your displays, however, if you do not have a way to test another PSU we recommend that you do and warranty replacement for the GPU since there are also high probabilities the hardware got defective.

If you still have a warranty with your place of purchase you can contact them directly to process the replacement, if not, feel free to contact us so we can help with the replacement, you can contact us using the following links:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
alvinwp
Beginner

Thanks for looking into this issue. I will attempt to contact the place of purchase and if that fails I will contact you via those links.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello alvinwp

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will now be closing this thread but feel free to reach back to us in case you experience any type of issue with the replacement hardware.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos