Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1826 Discussions

Latest Drivers causing DisplayPort issues

Basyll
Beginner

Hey,

Ever since the driver version 4644 came out for my Intel ARC770LE it caused my displayport to be permanently stuck at a refresh rate of 60Hz. Whenever I go into the windows display settings, the refresh rate no more lists multiple options and thus it's set at a default 60Hz while my monitor supports up to 144Hz.

I've never had any display issues with all the drivers before version 4644 as I was able to set my refresh rate to 144Hz. Unfortunately, the latest driver update simply doesn't allow that anymore, and I'm 100% confident the underlying cause of this issue is the fact that driver version 4644 came with an HDMI firmware update, and that firmware update definitely messed things up for people using a DP connector. I hope this issue is fixed asap on the company's side.

I've tried completely uninstalling the latest drivers and going back to driver version 4577 which, as expected, fixed the issue. But why would I limit myself being stuck on an older driver that's less optimized in comparison to the newer versions? I'd love to make use of the new drivers without encountering these unnecessary display issues.

By now, I've updated my graphics driver to an even newer version 4669, hoping it would've perhaps resolved the issue but alas. I then experimented a little and disconnected my DP connector and instead plugged a regular HDMI connector into my GPU and monitor and voila, my refresh rate is back to 144Hz, and so the issue seems to be magically fixed. Am I satisfied with this solution though? Absolutely not. Albeit temporary, I still prefer using my DP cable and it's a real bummer that because of the HDMI firmware update included with the latest drivers that it unables me to keep using my DP connector. I hope this issue can be forwarded further to the development team over at Intel Graphics.

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities and reporting that you are experiencing issues setting the refresh rate when using a DisplayPort connection. We would be more than happy to help you.

For testing purposes, we recommend you eliminate all driver residues and leftovers using the Display Driver Uninstaller and install the latest Intel driver, 31.0.101.4669. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions.

However, if the issue remains, we would like to have further information about your system to look into this problem internally, so please provide us with the following reports:

• Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan, click "Next"; and then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
preland3z
Beginner
exactly same issue !
0 Kudos
slide
Novice

It was a DP issue two weeks ago when I updated the driver,  I have to roll back the dirver to support my 2K display, and the  old driver continuously warned me that it failed to roll back the firmware  ,   now the DP is completely dead, card was sent back to reseller.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Everyone,

@Basyll, we want to know if you have been able to test using the DDU to install the driver 31.0.101.4669 or gather the information we requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

@preland3z, we invite you to open another thread in your name to receive more personalized troubleshooting for your issue.

@slide, we are sorry to hear that you have sent the card to the reseller, but we understand your decision.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Basyll
Beginner

I'll report back later this week. Quite busy right now.

As for your DDU suggestion, I've already tried that ... The results are still the same. I'll handle over the reports when I've got time.

See ya.

0 Kudos
slide
Novice

I suppose you misread me.  I sent the card back for a replacement.  I got a new card, I decided to stay on the good old driver as long as I can. I can not afford to break DP of the card again, the whole process is too 'energy' consuming.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

We understand that the issue remains after running the DDU and installing driver 31.0.101.4669. We want to gather the information to better support your issue, and we will give you some time to gather the details.

In the meantime, you can test our new driver, 31.0.101.4672. It is always important to keep your system up to date.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

We would like to know if you have been able to gather the system reports we requested. Let us know if you require more time to share them.

We also want to know if you tested the new driver version.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

Upon checking your thread, we noticed that you have not responded to us in some days, so we will now close this. If you have any other questions, open a new question, as Intel will no longer monitor this thread 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

Before we close the thread, we want to let you know that we would like to further investigate this issue, but we require more information, especially:

• Install the latest driver 31.0.101.4824. Connect the monitor via DP, and let us know the outcome.
  • Run the Intel Graphics Command Center and create a system report so we can investigate EDID info.
  • Run DxDiag and send us the report to investigate OS-Display data.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Basyll,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos