Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

Roblox performance issues

bob19
Beginner

When i play games like "blackhawk rescue mission 5" or "frontlines"  most of the time i have 50 fps but it often drops to 30 fps or less. blackhawk rescue mission often crashes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I am sorry you are experiencing performance issues when playing Roblox games on your Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU.

Please share with us the following information to further assist:

• Share a short video showing the issue.
  • Share screenshots of the in-game graphics settings
  • Share steps to reproduce the issue and if it happens in specific scenarios.
  • Are the error message when the game crashes?
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

Hello this can happen everywhere in the game but in Openworld mode in Sochraina city and in 25v25 pvp mode, this happens most often. The error message says just that an unexpected error occured. i have C.A.M. enabled.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

Thank you for the information. We will check this issue with our team and I will post back once I have an update on this issue or in case I need more information from you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

We were trying to reproduce this issue, however, the games were running fine from our side. Please let's try to uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) and once uninstalled, reinstall the driver version 31.0.101.4369. Also in case you had a previous NVIDIA or AMD GPU uninstall those drivers as well using the DDU tool choosing the corresponding manufacturer in step 6.

Also, Could you please let us know if you are using any type of video adapter?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

Hello i have the newest drivers and i also uninstalled old nvidia drivers with ddu. i don't have any video adapters. have you tried testing it in Blackhawk rescue mission and frontlines? it also happens in games like "drive cars down a hill". the graphics card usage doesn't want to go above 35%. this ussualy is enough but sometimes it is not. i think when i first played roblox with my a770 the GPU usage was about 70% and it was working fine.

0 Kudos
Error340GTL
Beginner

Hey bob19

Game called Drive Cars Down a Hill is CPU heavy, which means if you are experiencing frame drops caused by high CPU usage, your GPU usage will go down, as it no longer needs to produce more frames. You can launch Roblox and play dcdah and see if your CPU usage is high. I would also like to see screenshot of your CPU, RAM and GPU usage while running the game.

Here's also more detailed response from ChatGPT: When a game is very CPU-intensive, it may not demand as many frames to be rendered by the GPU because the CPU might be the bottleneck, slowing down the overall processing speed. As a result, the GPU might not have to work at its maximum capacity since it's waiting for instructions or data from the CPU. This situation can lead to lower GPU usage even if the game is graphically demanding, simply because the CPU is not able to keep up with feeding the GPU the necessary workload.

It can also be caused by other PC components like RAM.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

Thank you for letting us know. I am attaching a short video of the gameplay from Frontlines, the only drop in fps we could notice is at the very beginning of each match which will be normal as all textures are loading at that moment. Have you tried reinstalling these games?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

Yes i have tried reinstalling roblox but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

Before we further look into this, please let's try the latest BETA driver version 31.0.101.4382, and check if the same happens.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

it still happens on the latest BETA

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

Since we were not able to reproduce the issue the problem might be coming from the games' side, however, allow me to check if there is anything else we can do. I will let you know once we have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

We continue reviewing this issue. We would like to confirm if the installation of the BETA driver 31.0.101.4382 was done using DDU to uninstall the previous driver. Please let us know. In case that was not the case, please do another installation of the driver using DDU.

Best Regards.

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

the installation was done using DDU

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

We have just released a new driver version 31.0.101.4499, please update to that version and test it. Let us know if the same issue still happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bob19
Beginner

it still happens the instalation was done using DDU

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

We will further review this issue and check if there are further troubleshooting steps we can provide. We will post back once an update is available.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

After reviewing this issue and taking into consideration we have not been able to replicate it since the games work fine from our side, our best advice at this point will be that you contact the game developer for further assistance as it is possible that there is something game related affecting the performance of the game from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bob19

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos