Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

Screen flickering with 165 hz but fine with 60hz

AlecsSerb
Beginner

I have my laptop for 2 years now. Today I reinstalled windows and noticed that my screen went crazy. It flickers when I set it to 165 hz but if I switch to 60 hz it works fine. I also tried 2 older driver updates but nothing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello AlecsSerb, 

We appreciate your patience and contribution to the communities. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response. We understand your time is valuable and are working diligently to address your concerns promptly. 

We need to gather more details to identify the root cause of this issue. As such, kindly please share with us the specific model of the laptop and your SSU logs. This way we can check for the specification and possible errors that might have caused this issue to occur. 

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AlecsSerb
Beginner
Thanks for the reply but i solved my problem with a clean install of OS
0 Kudos
Rheorraent
Beginner
  1. Check for Latest Drivers: Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website, not just Windows Update.
  2. Update BIOS/UEFI: Sometimes, updating your laptop's BIOS or UEFI firmware can resolve display issues.
  3. Change Display Settings: In your graphics control panel (NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings), try adjusting settings like refresh rate, resolution, and power management options.
  4. Test with External Monitor: Connect your laptop to an external monitor and set it to 165Hz to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with the laptop screen itself or the GPU.
  5. Check Power Settings: Ensure your laptop is in high performance mode and not power-saving mode, as power settings can sometimes affect display performance.
  6. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, it might be time to contact the laptop manufacturer's support for further assistance. It could be a hardware issue that needs professional repair.

Hopefully, one of these solutions will help get your display back to normal!

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi AlecsSerb,

Great to hear that you managed to resolve your issue with a clean OS install! If you encounter any more difficulties or have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out for assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos