Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Latest news and activity surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics. Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards!
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
218 Discussions

Solidworks on an ARC A770

knarf
Novice

Anyone running Solidworks (2022 SP4).?. 

Completely and utterly unusable in any capacity with Solid works. 

I had to put GTX960 back in. 

A770 drivers upto date 

Solidworks patched

AMD 5900x with 64Gb RAM

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Luigiman54
Beginner

I have a similar issue, I disabled "dynamic highlight from graphics view"  and anti-aliasing under display settings and it made a pretty big difference, but the quality of the preview is noticibly lower.

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I received a similar report a week ago, so I went ahead and tested SolidWorks 2022 on an Intel Arc A770 (Desktop) and also on Arc A370M.

I was able to observe SolidWorks 2022 was running on the Integrated Graphics instead of the Arc Graphics using Windows Task Manager (regardless of the configuration set in Windows to force the app to run on Arc Graphics).

Can you please confirm if this is the same scenario for you? It would help if you add the SSU report from your system.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

DJBLR
Beginner

I have this exact issue and I haven't been able to solve it yet.  No matter what I do (even configuring windows to use the ARC card for Solidworks 2022 as you mentioned) it will still use the integrated card instead.  I even disabled the internal graphics card, but it still will not use ARC card.  PLEASE provide a resolution to make this work.  As other users have mentioned, Solidworks is virtually useless like this. 

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro, Intel ARC350, 32GB Ram: SSU attached

Thanks,

knarf
Novice

Hi RonaldM_Intel,

I'm on AMD 5900X, so no CPU GPU.

Luigiman54
Beginner

Same, I'm on Ryzen 7 3700X

thegrantpa
Novice

Same here. Totally unusable. Tried what Luigiman54 suggested, but no change. 

Solidworks 2021 Student Ed. 

A770 running 31.0.101.3793

i5-11600k (Solidworks is NOT running off iGPU)

32Gb RAM

Luigiman54
Beginner

The actual fix is to open SOLIDWORKS Rx 2022 and click "Click here to launch SOLIDWORKS while bypassing the Tools/Options settings". This forces it to use hardware OpenGL acceleration.

To force this permanently open the registry editor and go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2022\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel and set Workarounds to 9.

DJBLR
Beginner

Luigiman54, that worked!  Thank you so much!