Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Source Filmmaker won't recognize my graphics card.

NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there,

I am currently using the intel arc A770 graphics card on my computer, however when I try launching Source Filmmaker, it says that it doesn't recognize my graphics card at all.

I have made a game bug checklist for this, even though this is more of a program than a game in order to facilitate the communication of the bug.

Hopefully this bug should be easy to replicate, and if such, hoping for a possible fix. Any questions you may have, please ask below.

My best regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

We are trying to test the test models you provided but are experiencing issues loading the textures to the software. Please share a short video or detailed instructions on how to load the models into the software to continue with this issue reproduction.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there.

I usually just load a map then add a model to add the model that I gave to check for the bug, however I haven't encountered issues with textures other than lightning issues, could you please load a photo showcasing the issues?

Best regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

We apologize for the confusion, we are not experiencing errors with texture loading or compilations. What we need are clear instructions on how to open the Hulk models that you shared with us on the software. Due to the age of the software, we are not familiarized with it. Please share a short video or clear instructions to load the models into the software.

Best regards,

Hugo O

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

Please share with us the information requested in my previous posts so can continue with the replication of this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there Hugo

Here is a video explaining how to open the models in SFM, along with a few other instructions on how to operate with the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkF2pO1lKQ

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

Thank you for the information. I will post back once I have an update on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

We appreciate your patience on this issue. We want to inform you that this rendering problem when using different models and environments in Source FilmMaker should have been resolved in our latest driver release version 31.0.101.4644. Please update to the latest version and check if the issue gets resolved for you as well.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello Hugo

Just wanted to let you know that so far the issues Source Filmmaker had are still present even after the update, and yes, I've checked the driver version and it is exactly the same as the one you have asked me to update to.

Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the issue as of yet, however I appreciate your help so far.

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

I understand the same issue is still showing up from your side. Just to confirm is the exact same issue still occurring with the textures not rendering properly using as example the Hulk models you previously shared? Ans do you still receive the same error message from the app about incompatibility when opening it?

I would recommend installing the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller as well, to ensure previous versions are deleted.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Suport Technician.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello Hugo

I can confirm it's the exact same issues happening with the Source Filmmaker app as seen before.

Haven't tested yet the Display Driver Uninstaller method of installing the driver, but will give it a try as soon as possible to ensure no older versions are present, though I might need to know exactly how to uninstall previous versions beforehand.

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

Yes, it is better to do the installation using Display Driver Uninstaller, and actually, the tool will get rid of the older driver installations automatically you just need to follow the instructions in the article from our previous post. I will recommend that after uninstalling the previous drivers and while in safe mode install the recommended driver 31.0.101.4644 to do the cleanest installation possible. Let us know the outcome once done.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

Were you able to complete the installation using DDU to uninstall previous drivers? Let us know if you are still experiencing the texture corruption issues after the driver installation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello Hugo

Unfortunately not yet as I currently need to figure out how to boot my computer in safe mode before I do.

Is it possible to check a guide for windows 11 booting in safe mode?

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

Sure thing. The steps to access safe mode whether on Windows 10 or 11 are outlined in the previous link we shared related to Display Driver Uninstaller or you can directly access the instructions through the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

Let us know the results once you are able to complete the steps.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DoorKnob445
Beginner

I've been experiencing the exact same issues as NerdyBear since getting an intel arc a770. I followed through the steps provided as far as using DDU, and my current driver version is 31.0.101.4900, and still no change. The main issue seems to be with lighting, shading, and ambient occlusion not rendering at all. Did you do any tweaks to your installation of source filmmaker in order to make it look normal?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

We shared steps to access Windows safe mode so you can try the latest driver on your system. Were you able to complete the troubleshooting steps? Please let us know

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello Hugo

My apologies for taking so long, but I have checked the steps required and this method seems too complicated for me to perform on my own, not to mention I'm a bit skeptical of uninstalling the graphics drivers, as this could lead to my computer not working properly if done incorrectly, and I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to computers.

However, I have found that in the settings for the Intel Arc control panel, I can do a root install automatically whenever the next update comes, so I might prefer to use that simpler solution to uninstall potential older drivers that could cause the conflict.

Hopefully by then SFM will finally work as intended, if this alternate solution works, and if not, I'll let you know how it goes and perhaps might ask for help from someone who knows how to do this method if required.

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

I understand the situation. In this case, if you do not feel comfortable trying the installation in safe mode and using Display Driver Uninstaller, I want to let you know that you can contact us directly, our support agents have tools to remotely connect to your system they can do the process for you or they can guide you through it. You can use the following link to get the contact number or to initiate a chat session:

Contact Intel

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

As previously advised, if you are still experiencing issues when rendering in Source FilmMaker we recommend that you contact us directly at the phone number provided in our previous post or through a chat session so we can do a remote control session and do the clean installation of the driver through Display Driver Uninstaller.

We also wanted to recommend that you contact the app developer since the requirements for this app can be a limitation for it to function properly since the tool requirements are DirectX 9.0 and shader model 3.0 and the Arc GPUs support DirectX12 Ultimate and Shader model 6.6, hence, reporting to the developer is also a good option.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello NerdyBear

We have not heard back from you, please note we are open to continue assisting you directly and help you with a remote session so you can do the installation of the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller please contact us at the contact information we previously shared, at the same time as pointed out in our latest post it would also be worth it to contact the app developer as there might be a limitation in the requirements as well, we will now proceed to close this thread.

Please feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos