Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1616 Discussions

Sudden crash and black screen while the game is running

Richard15
Beginner

I bought my new Arc A770 graphic card last week. The card is really beautiful and the control panel is great, too. However, when I play GTAV and American Truck Simulator, the card often stops working.

The specific performance is that the computer suddenly crashes, and there are red and green lines flashing on the right side of the screen (please see the attached picture 
). At this point I can't do anything with the computer other than force a restart. I try to reconnect the card with my monitor by hot swapping, and then the monitor shows no signal.

94b82b2da9603a25a2e82cf2f860a50.jpg

I also reinstalled the latest drivers (4123) and ruled out the connection problem between graphics card and monitor, but the problem persists, which makes me upset. Is there any other possible reason for my problem? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Richard15,

Thank you for the information provided.

Based on your response, you mentioned that you changed the graphics card last week. Since you have a different GPU installed previously on your system, note that previous drivers or files leftovers from your previous card may be still present on your system. We advise you to run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU. This software will remove packages from your system. Take a look at the How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver article for further information and steps.

After that, we recommend you install our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4091. BETA releases are for testing, and for the most stable experience, you should use the validated production releases.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Richard15,

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Arc A770 graphics card.

We would like to further investigate this problem, and for that, we would like to request the following information:

• Is this a new system build?
  • Do you recall if the issue appeared on any other program besides the games you already mentioned?
  • Have you tried using another monitor or video cable?
  • Is this a known-working monitor?
  • Create a system report using the following tools:

• Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

• Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Richard15
Beginner

Hi Jean, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. Here is some information about my computer:

• The system is built last year, and I only changed my graphic card last week. 
  • Yes, this issue also appeared once when I run 3DMark Spy Time test, but not every time. This problem is sporadic and just pops up at a random moment when I run the game.
  • The monitor can be identified and it works well.

I also upload two diagnostic reports as you recommend, and I hope it could help.

Thanks again and look forward to your reply.

Best,

Richard 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Richard15,

Thank you for the information provided.

Based on your response, you mentioned that you changed the graphics card last week. Since you have a different GPU installed previously on your system, note that previous drivers or files leftovers from your previous card may be still present on your system. We advise you to run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU. This software will remove packages from your system. Take a look at the How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver article for further information and steps.

After that, we recommend you install our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4091. BETA releases are for testing, and for the most stable experience, you should use the validated production releases.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Richard15,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos