Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1712 Discussions

TOMB RAIDER 9 low fps in Some Scenarios

lawsize
Beginner

Severe decrease in frame rate in specific scenarios(Multiple enemies indoors or facing the ocean)

100+FPS->20FPS

This scene is located at 55% progress in the game

QQ截图20230824233650.jpg

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

I would like to get more information about your system hardware/software configuration so we can check for possible updates and also to get the hardware on which the game is running including the graphics card model, for that, please create and attach a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility.

In addition, I would like to get the following information from the game itself in case we need to reproduce this problem:

• What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
  • Share a screenshot of the ingame graphics settings you are using.
  • Can this issue be replicated at the beginning of the game?
  • I see you put Tom Raider 9 in the title, Do you mean this is Tomb Raider(2013) or is it one of its sequels?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

Thanks,I have sent the information you need

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

We are interested in helping you with this issue and we would appreciate it if you could share with us your system information through the log files as recommended in our previous posts as well as the game information so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

1.The game is from steam

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

2.Game setting1.jpg2.jpg

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

3. At the beginning of the game, it is very smooth and only changes in specific scenes of subsequent levels

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

4.YES,It is Tomb Raider(2013)

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

The systeam log 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

Thank you for the information. Based on the log file, I see you are using the driver version 31.0.101.4644, We have a newer driver version that might help with this issue, I would advise you uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and afterward update to the latest version 31.0.101.4672.

If the issue continues to happen, please let us know the exact scenarios in which this issue can be replicated Since we will most likely be testing the beginning of the game we need to know the exact areas, If possible you can share a save file with us it would be better.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

Were you able to install our latest driver after using Display Driver Uninstaller? Let us know if the performance in Tomb Raider (2013) is still the same. If so please share with us a specific area in which this issue can be reproduced or share a save file from one of those areas.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

Now,My current driver version is the latest 4676 

The problem still exists

I'll keep the archive downstairs.

Moving forward from the cracks in the wall to the interior, that's where the low frame rate is.

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

save data location in my pc as reference:

D:\steam\userdata\390128730\203160\remote

0 Kudos
lawsize
Beginner

I was at school before, so I couldn't reply to messages in a timely manner. Thank you for receiving feedback and optimizing the driver

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

We appreciate all the information you have shared so far. We will take a look at this performance issue in Tomb Raider (2013) and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

We have been testing this game and we have reproduced the issue with the save file that you shared in that specific scenario, however, in other scenarios the game seems to be running fine. We wanted to ask if there is any other way to reproduce this issue or any other areas in which this problem happens or if it only happens in the specific scenario you shared in the saved file. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

We wanted to know from your experience playing this game, if this low-performance issue can be reproduced in any other area or scenario since we were testing the game and the issue only happened in the area from the saved file you shared with us. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo o.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lawsize

We did not receive a response from you so we will be closing this thread. I pointed out in our previous post this issue seems to be happening only in the specific area you shared through the save file and could not be seen in other parts of the game. If you happen to be experiencing this issue in any other scenario or different situations in the game, please let us know and open a new thread so we can further assist. What we can recommend at the moment is to please reach out to the game developer so they can provide more assistance with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos