Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

Unable to boot or play fortnite in DX12

Tedrin
New User
Hi guys,

I'm having some issues booting Fortnite with my Arc A770 and hoping you can help.

Fortnite can only be booted through DirectX 11 or performance mode but the quality is unplayable with intense stuttering and the FPS jumping between 3 - 120fps. If I try to boot the game in DX12 then I'm met with a crash and an error message just after the initial loading screen.

Every other game I've played recently has ran flawlessly (Helldivers 2, Ultra settings, 1440p at around 70fps, Spider-Man remastered, ultra settings, 1440p at 75fps, Overwatch, GTA V etc) so not sure what the issue is with Fortnite! I think the issue has come about since one of the recent driver updates because it ran fine a few weeks ago.

Specs:
Intel i5 12400f,
16gb DDR4 Ram,
Acer Bifrost A770 16gb,
Asrock B660m Pro Rs,
650w Corsair PSU.

Have already tried a fresh install of Fortnite, complete gpu driver wipe with ddu and latest drivers reinstalled but to no avail.

Are you aware of anyone else who has encountered this specific issue or if there is a more optimised/stable driver I should be running that can help specifically for Fortnite?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tedrin,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Furthermore, before the game crashed, did it show any error messages?

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tedrin,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have your SSU and to answer our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tedrin,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tedrin,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos