Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

Windows Freeze after 101.4314 update

mariodev
Beginner

Hello,
I and two friends have the same problem, with different hardware.

With the update 101.4314 as soon as Windows starts it freezes within 1-3 seconds except for the mouse. When I manage to press CTRL ALT DEL, only the blue window appears but nothing is clickable.

I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling the driver version in Windows Safe Mode and reinstalling the 101.4255 version.

other problem:

Resizable BAR is deactivated according to Control Center although it was activated in the Bios, it was also deactivated several times, rebooted and activated again, no improvement.

I have now also updated BIOS again no improvement.

My hardware:

Intel Arc A770

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 

16GB RAM

Mainboard Asus Prime B450M-A

My Bios Version: 4002 

Is this a general problem?
A few friends have the same problem, but I don't have the hardware specs right now.

Best Regards,

Mario

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Pointerflow,

We noticed that you have created a personal thread. We will continue supporting you through that channel, and in case you want, you can try the recommendations from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We will resume our investigation into this matter. We will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

After reviewing this matter internally, we can confirm that your driver developer team is currently investigating this issue. They are working under bug ID 18029726035. Unfortunately, we can't promise any outcome or fix since we focus primarily on Arc GPUs functionality when paired with supported platforms (Intel 10th gen or newer or AMD's 500 Series motherboard with Smart Access Memory enabled paired with 3000 series Processors or newer) as noted here.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Neo-Freeman
Beginner

we of cause not doing fine.

we still wait for info if something is fixed or if we can test something else.

0 Kudos
mariodev
Beginner

Hello,

not doing fine, i wait for a fix 

best regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
CodeMongerZ
Beginner

After wasting a day of my life on this.  I think I may have figured out the problem.    My Asus mothboard likes to reset settings related to resizable bar when the graphics card driver causes a crash.  Anyways it appears the freezing issue occurs when the CSM setting in the bios is set to enabled along with resizable bar being enabled.  Disabling CSM in the bios and leaving resizable bar set to enabled made my windows functional again.  Perhaps it was a firmware update to the card that caused the freeze, because previously it would just say resizable bar is disabled when CSM setting was incorrect and the freeze occurred on multiple versions of the driver.  

0 Kudos
Jeplingur
Beginner

I have the exact same problem as Mario and Neo-Freeman.

For now, I have put my old graphics card back in the computer, as none of the proposed fixes in this thread has allowed me to get the windows to not freeze after a couple of seconds.

Did anyone had any luck with disabling CSM? In my BIOS, there wasn't an option to disable CSM but to choose UEFI instead. Didn't help at all.

0 Kudos