Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1622 Discussions

intel ARC A770 16gb DX11 There is a problem running Kart Drift Game.

DanSun
New Contributor I

When I launch Kart Drift Game, the game forcefully closes due to driver compatibility issues. This seems to be caused by compatibility issues with Direct11.

If I force it to Direct 12, the game runs fine, but there is a problem with the graphics.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello DanSun, 

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics. 

We are sorry to hear you experience problems running Kart Drift Game driver compatibility issues with Directx11 and Directx12. We are glad to assist.  

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem with each API used. 

What steps did you complete as possible fixes? 

Check any game/program updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

AMD CPU 5950X
AUSU Crosshair vii (Bios4901)
X470 Drivers 4.11.15.342
Ram 32gb
Windows 11 22h2
intel ARC A770LE 16Gb (31.0.101.4034)
Resizable BAR On

The game is online version so it is up to date
Graphics quality is the game's default setting, but it's mostly high.
In my case, it is the official homepage of the service, but this problem is also true of the Steam version.
Radeon and GeForce both work fine. I know that Intel also runs well on older CPU built-in chips, but it seems to only happen in Intel Arc.

I can't take a screenshot for that issue. The game is forced to close without any warning within 1-3 seconds after starting.

The solution provided by the game company told me a compatible mode for Windows 7-8, but this game is too slow. Loading is also very slow.
The only way I can do it is to forcefully set and use Direct 12, which is not provided by the game company. This is possible because this game is Unreal Engine.

I believe that errors should not occur in Unreal Engine games even if other games have errors.

Others are having this problem as well

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello DanSun

Thank you for the info, what happens if you try other drivers?

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I
I've often found problems with Intel Arc before, so I'm asking, but why is the process so complicated and asking too much from the user? Intel doesn't have a test team? I am not your beta tester.

Replacing the driver, setting the resize bar, etc. The answers are repeated every time, and even if you do all of them, the problem is not solved, and it is the same even if you ask again.

Are you willing to solve the problem?

From graphics memory issues to game launch issues and ray tracing issues, nothing has been resolved.

Intel's answer bothers me too much.
I think it would be more convenient to use Radeon.
0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello DanSun,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The main reason why we ask to perform different actions is due to multiple factors that might affect/cause a certain problem, the information provided is with the intention to perform/reproduce as close as possible the environment and find a solution.

Let me know the outcome if you can perform the recommended steps and outcome?

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

I found too many problems from the standpoint of playing several games, so I told you a few games that had problems, but it was difficult with too many procedures and requirements. It's hard to solve a problem with one game, but I'm so worried about how I can check and respond to all those games.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition: Can't reach the main menu and force quit the game
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt: Ray tracing disabled
Forza Horizon 5: Game Forced Shutdown When Using Ultra Graphics Options (Only High)
LEGO® Builder's Journey: When using ray tracing, the game is forced to close at the next stage. When changing the FSR option, the graphics are broken.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: Minor graphics errors in fonts
Portal with RTX: Impossible
Anno 1800: When Direct 12 (common to all games) is used, graphic memory is excessively used compared to Radeon and GeForce, and when 10 to 12 gigabytes or more is used, graphic memory is forced to close due to insufficient graphic memory.
Sackboy™: A Big Adventure: found noise on reflective spheres when using ray tracing and also forced shutdown due to excessive graphics memory usage
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION: When using the 4K Resolution Pack, if more than 8Gb of graphics memory is used, the game can no longer render and stops, and when using graphics options related to Nvidia technology, serious game performance degradation and forced shutdown problems. Slower and more unstable than Radeon.

There are so many problems with games that need to be solved in the future, and now there are many processes and procedures to solve this one error, but the rest of the games are too difficult and difficult to redo Intel's confirmation process from the beginning.

With so many procedures and so many things for users to check, what can they do right? Raja Koduri told Intel to expect driver troubleshooting to be quick and quick, but I really can't help but feel negative.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

There is about a year left until Battle Mage, and Intel hopes to improve the driver's completeness as much as possible during this period. Many Koreans are looking forward to Intel's 2nd generation Battle Mage because they are very disappointed with GeForce and Radeon. Unless the driver is stabilized before the release of Battle Mage, many Koreans will not have expectations from Intel.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello DanSun, 

Thank you for the updates, we apologize for any inconvenience. At this point the best way to approach troubleshooting for each game with its own problem in separate community threads.

We may focus on this thread for game Kart Drift though.

so we may continue, please provide the pending information

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

I tried all the drivers from 4032 to 4034.
I tried all the settings in the arc controller, but couldn't solve it.
I've tried uninstalling and deleting the game several times and even restoring the system image, but to no avail.

And I'm not the only one with this problem, other people's arc graphics cards are having the same problem. Why don't you also check other people's forums for the same issue?

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello DanSun,

Thank you for the updates.

My recommendation is the following, for each game and problem, it’s better to have different threads to avoid mixed-up of information, along with detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

Please post separately new concerns as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Best regards,  

Luis A. 

0 Kudos