Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT DTK Terminal

Maria_Camila_Gomez-S
Hello

I have a HP Compaq 6910p (Chipset PM965) provisioned with SmallBusiness.

I am using AMT DTK Commander to test and it works gerat.

However when I use the Remote Control Terminal to reboot and access BIOS in order to save the Changes i need to be a ble to submit F10

I have tried this:
F10 - [OM
F9 - [Op
F2 - [OQ
F1 - [OP

But only F1 works!
Any clues?

I also found whithin the AMT BIOS settings 2 options for terminal VT100 and ANSI how does these options affect Commander Terminal performance?

Thanks!

Maria
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Maria,

Welcome back to the forum. There are couple of blogs I want you to check out that might answer your questions. If you still have further questions, we will be glad to answer them. This blog talks about differences between VT100 and ANSI. Another blog about more details on VT100 mode.

Hope this helps. As always, please post here if there are any further questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S
Thanks Ajith!

The blog articles were very useful.

The DTK's terminal has options that allow the user to set the terminal Emulation and also the key translation with different Escape sequences.

I am testing with a HP Compaq 6910p Laptop which, by the way uses, both ANSI and VT100 terminal (to be set through the BIOS AMT properties) and uses the "alternate" key translation where F10=ESC+0.

Maria
0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
Thanks for the question Maria. I know you are working on your own AMT tool, feel free to post the link on the forum so people can know about it. As for F1 to F10 key translations, yes, this is a problem. A dream of mine would be to look at the computer's asset inventory and have a table that automaticaly sets the correct key mapping depending on the BIOS of the computer. It's just a dream and I don't know how feasable it is, but maybe I will be bored one day and work on it.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)
0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S
Thanks Ylian

Your idea on the automatic key mapping is wonderful I will also add it to my "wish-list"

I am waiting to have details of our AMT Capable software in English soon.
Information in Spanish is available here:

http://www.arandasoft.com/solucion_alom.php

Maria
0 Kudos