Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT for BIOS

Anita_R_
Beginner
I am unable to enable AMT in my laptop. How do I enable AMT in the bios? The bios does not seem to come with AMT. Can I download it from somewhere?

My hardware follows:

Here're the Specification of the Product: ThinkPad Edge E520 1143-3FU

Original description: i5-2410M(2.3GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 15.6in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11bgn wireless, Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Fingerprint reader, Camera, 6c Li-Ion, Win7 Pro 64

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143 - Core i5 2410M / 2.3 GHz - RAM 4 GB - HDD 500 GB - DVD-Writer - HD Graphics 3000 - Gigabit Ethernet - WLAN : 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 - fingerprint reader - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 15.6" Widescreen LED backlight TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - camera - matte black, trimmed with a thin silver band (side) - TopSeller

To help SMB users experience business growth and productivity gains, Lenovo introduces the ThinkPad Edge E520 notebook. This slim, elegant notebook offers SMB users a sophisticated computing experience with the aapabilities of enterprise PCs. The ThinkPad Edge E520 notebook is fitted out with hardware that delivers the high performance levels that SMB users require. The ThinkPad Edge series also offers several features for a smoother, more effective user experience. The full size keyboard and numeric keypad allows comfortable numeric and text data entry. Lenovo's Rapid Boot technology reduces boot times by up to 30%, allowing you to get to work faster. Web conferencing is also more comfortable with a light-sensitive Web camera, high audio fidelity, optimized speakers, and superior communications software. In addition to the performance and usability features, the design of the ThinkPad Edge notebook has also been improved. The refined ThinkPad Edge design in now up to 13% thinner and available in a soft matte finish. Simplicity and ease of use, reputed Lenovo reliability, a sleek, sophisticated design, and powerful
computing make the ThinkPad Edge E520 the essential notebook solution oor today's SMB users.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Anita,
Thanks for your post. There are a couple of things you need to check on your ThinkPad. First, when you are booting up,at the splash screen whereyou would normally type in to go to the BIOS, please type in . If your laptop has AMT capabilities, then that should take you to the MEBx main menu. You should also check your laptop documentation to see if it says it is vPro enabled. AMT is one technology included in vPro.

If you are able to reach the MEBx menu, this guide from the AMT 6.0 SDK will help you set it up correctly:
http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/DOCS/Implementation%20and%20Reference%20Guide/default.htm

Hope this helps,
Judy
0 Kudos