Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT not available anymore

Charlotte_P_
Beginner

Hello,

I was working with AMT that I configured in Admin mode, and everything was fine. I work on a Dell Latitude on Windows 8.

Today, the tab "AMT" is not in the Intel Management and Security Status anymore. The Intel Management Engine status is now "Information unavailable".
Also, when my computer boots, I have an error message before Windows starts : "(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed". I tried to reconfigure AMT in the BIOS, but the line Intel Management Engine is not here anymore.

Does anyone understand what happened ? Do you have any ideas of how I can have the AMT back ?

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Charlotte,

I don't think this is an AMT issue, however it is a visual indicator of a larger issue. Take a look at the article from Dell which has several tips on how to resolve.

Joe  

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Charlotte,

This issues has been escalated and we are working with Dell to resolve and there will be a new CSME firmware image released to Dell in Mid March. So keep an eye on the Dell website for a new BIOS or firmware image in the next month or so.

Joe

0 Kudos