Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Any tool to set ME BIOS password

sayantan_majumdar
Hi,

Is there any programatic way/ tool that will help me in changing ME BIOS password from "admin". I do have remote access to the system, so I can push the application to set the password. But i dont have physical access to set the password manually. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sayantan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
Hi,

Is there any programatic way/ tool that will help me in changing ME BIOS password from "admin". I do have remote access to the system, so I can push the application to set the password. But i dont have physical access to set the password manually. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sayantan

Hi Sayantan-

Initial provisioning is the only time the MEBx password can be set "programatically" i.e. remotely.How are you initially provisioning the system? You should be able to set the password appropriately at this time. Once the machine is provisioned you need to be physically at the system to alter the MEBx password or someone will need to reset the system to factory defaults so that it can be "initially" provisioned again.
0 Kudos