Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Cannot activate TLS communication

primo2011
Beginner
Hi All,

Using "Manageability Director Tool" version 7.0.11161.2

Whenever I try to enable TLS and "Set this profile on computers" get the following error message:
I'm using the "Sample Root" that you can generate with the tool.

I can communicate fine using HTTP to port 16992.

Ideas?

Thanks

Version: 7.0.11161.2

ERROR: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: length

at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at ManageabilityStack.CertificateOperations.GetPkcs1PrivateKeyFromCert(X509Certificate2 certificate)

at ManageabilityCommanderTool.EditTLSCertForm.newCertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi primo2011,
Thanks for your post. Can you pleasegive us some more information? What AMT version is your system using? Did you enable TLS during configuration? The 7.0 SDKreference material states that TLS is disabled by default. I looked here: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/DOCS/Implementation%20and%20Reference%20Guide/default.htm
and searched for TLS. Choosing the page called "Manual Setup and Configuration (from Release 6.0).

Please let me know if this helps and we will work on helping you further.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
Larry_M_Intel1
Employee
Hello Primo2011,

This looks like a bug with the 7.0.11161.2 code.I can seethis issue with the 7.0.11161.2 version, but when I roll back to the 6.1.x version, I do not see this issue.

I know Intel is planning the next release of the DTK tool. This will be addedand fixed in the next release. The sad part is that I do not know when the next release is, but rumor has it that it should happenin Q4. (Which we are in now)=)

Thank you for submitting this and brining attention to it.

Regards,
LM
0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
If you get a chance, try out Manageability Director in the OpenMDTK and see if you get the same problem. If you do, let me know and I will fix it right away. Well, as fast as I can...

Ylian
0 Kudos