Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Error when adding new user during SCS install

adrianfreemantle
Beginner

Hi,

While installing the SCS i decided to user the "New User" button to create a new user. I'm reasonably certain that all the settings were correct, but i get an error message stating:

"Undefined switch case"

What could i be doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Adrian,

Does the user that you are signed onto the SCS as have permissions to add new users? btw - this "New User" is one that would be another SCS administrator, not an AMT user. If this is not a case of permissions, could you enable the scs error log (as I described how to do in a previous post) and send it to us?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
adrianfreemantle
Beginner

Hi,

The problem I'm experiencing is not adding a new user for the SCS console, it is durining the installation of the SCS server.

At one point during the installation of the SCS server you reach an area with the following text: "To use the Intel AMT SCS windows service, you must supply a domain name, user name and password for the windows service".

You can give the detials of an existing user or click on the "New User" button. It is when trying to add a user through this button that i get the error.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Adrian,could you provide the error log for this? Since I am not located with my lab this week, I cannot give this a try but perhaps the error log will tell us something?

0 Kudos
adrianfreemantle
Beginner

Hi,

This may be a stupid question, but how do i get the log file from the installation process? I know about the method to turn on logging for the SCS itself, but when i install the SCS none of the SCS registry keys are there.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - I'm checking on that. Meanwhile, we will be posting a 3.1 version of the SCS very soon (very likely it will be today.) You might want to try that version out since it has more fixes.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Adrian,

There actually is no way to log the installation process. We did post the newer SCS 3.1 to the Manageability Site. I also blogged about it as well.I would suggest trying it andlet's seeif you are still having problems.

SCS 3.1 Blog

0 Kudos