Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Express Installer fails to update chipset in Windows 7

kmiklas
Beginner
Fails at 1%. Anyone have this problem?

I'm starting to think that I'm on the bleeding edge... no Google search results!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - kmiklas
Fails at 1%. Anyone have this problem?

I'm starting to think that I'm on the bleeding edge... no Google search results!

Intel AMT is not validated with Windows 7 yet. Can you give us some more specific information on what you are trying to do? Are you trying to install the Intel AMT chipset and driver software on a Window's 7 system?
0 Kudos
kmiklas
Beginner

Intel AMT is not validated with Windows 7 yet. Can you give us some more specific information on what you are trying to do? Are you trying to install the Intel AMT chipset and driver software on a Window's 7 system?

I'm trying to install the "Intel Chipset Software Installation Utilty" from the DVD that came with the MoBo. All files on the DVD are dated 1/15/2008. SS here:
http://www.miklas.org/images/chipset_fail.png

Nothing really unusual on this rig other than the W7 beta OS. Intel board DG31PR; CPU Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz.. any specific specifics that you want?

I realize after typing this thread that the title is a bit of a misnomer. I should probably look for an updated version of the CSI Utility on the Intel site...

As a W7 beta tester I'm trying to be a bit more verbose about problems.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

In looking at the OS requirements here, Windows 7 does not look to be an option. The software here was last updated in January of 2009 and it has your board listed. We'll check to see if this should work with Windows 7, but I'm not optimistic about that...
0 Kudos
kmiklas
Beginner

In looking at the OS requirements here, Windows 7 does not look to be an option. The software here was last updated in January of 2009 and it has your board listed. We'll check to see if this should work with Windows 7, but I'm not optimistic about that...
Yea I'm right on page with you--both literally and figuratively. I didn't see W7 either.

This might be a good thing to look at. W7 is good, and IMNSHO will bury Vista--if there's truly a problem with the express installer for W7, i'm prolly the first of a few hundred million people to ask about this. I'm beta testing W7 so if u have any questions lemme know I'll be happy to crash test stuff for u. keith@miklas.org
0 Kudos
nik_k
Beginner
Quoting - kmiklas
Yea I'm right on page with you--both literally and figuratively. I didn't see W7 either.

This might be a good thing to look at. W7 is good, and IMNSHO will bury Vista--if there's truly a problem with the express installer for W7, i'm prolly the first of a few hundred million people to ask about this. I'm beta testing W7 so if u have any questions lemme know I'll be happy to crash test stuff for u. keith@miklas.org

I hope INTEL can provide beta testers and reviewers such as myself with drivers for Windows 7 quite soon.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - kmiklas

Hi Keith,
Please take a look at this info on installing AMT drivers on Win 7 and let us know if it helps:
http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/microsoft-vpro/blog/2009/02/24/windows-7-melan-driver-synopsis-22309
0 Kudos