Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

How to backup Intel® MEBx bin firmware on a Desktop based on the Intel Q35 architecture?

Lalya_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I have two "SUN Microsystems" workstations identical but one is not able to access the Management Engine BIOS Extension (MEBx).
There's no point in which, during boot, it tells 'Press <Ctrl-P> to enter MEBx Setup', I have tried serveral reboots pressing every solitary second 'Ctrl+P' but still absolutely no way to access. I have also tried to update the BIOS version several times but still nothing.

The other identical machine works fine instead and it is showing the Ctrl-P message.

So I want to ask if there's some way with an utility (under DOS of course) to make a backup of the ME firmware BIN image (I don't mean the BIOS!) from the working machine, and then load it back in the machine who has problems.

Intel AMT BIOS Extensions is version 3.0.2.0004

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel

You can also see if clearing the CMOS gets it going again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Have you checked the Bios settings to see if you need to enable the CTRL P to display during the boot process?  

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

You can also see if clearing the CMOS gets it going again.

0 Kudos
Lalya_S_
Beginner

Oh Gael, I now feel so sorry and ashamed for having disturbed you for such a simple problem in solution :( :(

You were absolutely right, I followed the procedure in my workstation service manual to reset CMOS to its manufacturer settings and ME is now fully functional again, including the CTRL-P message at start.

Thanks so much for your time, help and support Gael

0 Kudos