Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

How to discover AMT capabilities at local machine programatically?

Jianjun_G_Intel
Employee

I am trying to find a programmatically way to detect the AMT capabilities locally with or without MEI or other driver installed (which is like Platform Discovery Utility do).

Is there any API (C/C++) in the AMT SDK or other packages can do the job?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Jianju

The "Platform Discovery tool" will require the MEI drivers at a minimum, no getting around that requirement. The only way I know of doing a discovery without the use of the MEI is to use a tool called RCMPPing, this tool returns a limited data set of FW version and configuration status.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello - In order to use the AMT API's you need the drivers (MEI) installed.  AMT also needs to be enabled.  You could look up your system on ark.intel.com but if you have a lot of systems, that would take a long time.

Here is the link to the Implementation and Reference Guide - it may help you get started.  Check out the ME WMI provider tool.

https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/WordDocuments/intelmewmiprovider.htm

Gael

0 Kudos
Jianjun_G_Intel
Employee

Gael, thanks a lot, the link is very useful.

I am wondering how Platform Discovery utility tool can detect the ME/AMT info without the MEI driver installed.

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Jianju

The "Platform Discovery tool" will require the MEI drivers at a minimum, no getting around that requirement. The only way I know of doing a discovery without the use of the MEI is to use a tool called RCMPPing, this tool returns a limited data set of FW version and configuration status.

0 Kudos