Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

INtel AMT agent Discovery using SDK API's

tejs
Beginner
Hi There,

i am new to Intel AMT SDK but i trying to get hands on to it. Could you please let me know if i have to find all INtel AMT enabled devices in my network what all methods, APIs i have to use in my program from SDK for that task ?

even if you could provide me some sample program that would be brilliant. i am working with c#. i know their is a discovery sample in sdk but that is in c++ which is hard to understand.

and what is the best way to get hands on to SDK ? is there any quick start tutorial for that ?

one thing more, can i use chunck of code (discovery in this case) from manageability developer tool kit code given, for this purpose ? i mean to say is it okay to use that code for a application which is re-dributeable ?

many thanks.

Tej.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tejs
Beginner
Hi Tej,
As a starting point, using GeneralInfoInterface wsdl in the docs section, derive the GeneralInfoInterface.cs file and use GetCodeVersions to discover the AMT machine and versions.

If you are using C#, you can start a project and use the GeneralInfoInterface.cs file and its method GetCodeVersions to get the version of the AMT and other atrributes.
For more information on GetCodeVersions method look at NetworkInterfaceGuide.pdf in the docs section of SDK.

You can go ahead and use the code in developer tool kit and re-distribute.Tool kit has pretty good implementation of discovery in c#.

Good Luck.

Venu

PS: Use wsdl tool in Visual Studio to covert the .wsdl file into .cs file

Hi Venu,

thanks very much for your help. the information given was very useful for me atleast i got more broader view about Intel AMT SDK.

yes i have already seen the c# implementation of discovery in manageability commander tool, but i was affraid to use it since i thought it is copyright by intel and i can't use it in my application, but now atleast i am relaxed.

one thing more is not there any other method like GetCodeVersions to do the discovery with in a network ? please give me some inputs on this,

thanks.

kind regards,

Tej.
0 Kudos
tejs
Beginner
Hi Tej,
There is another method called GetCoreVersion that reads just version information from Intel AMT
I suggest you look at the GeneralInfoInterface class view and you will see various methods available. Also, In Network Interface Guide, under GeneralInfo Interface, you can find all the methods like GetUuid, GetHostName, GetMeCapabilitis etc. with explanation.

Venu

Hi Venu,

thanks for all your help, all good now, i am able to access the properties of Intel AMT device. one thing more i wanna know. there are two ways by which you can access the remote client
one, through soap protocol and second through WS-Management api's.

which one is better in terms of functionalities and how do you differntiate them from each other ?

thanks.
0 Kudos