Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT Port 16992 not open

tejs
Beginner
Hi There,

i have got very strange issue. i have written a discovery program which checks machine for Intel AMT presence. I have provisioned the machine properly and i am able to lauch WebUI for the AMT machine and see the settings etc.

even i am able to send remote commands (power up, power down, assetsetc).

now the problem which i am having is that when i run my discovery program then it does not detect it as a Intel AMT enabled. when i dig out the reason behind this then i found out that it throws socketexception Exception. it is not able to connect to port 16992. then i have checked opened ports on that AMT machine but i could not find 16992 anywhere.

now the question is if port is not open then how i am able to send AMT commands to that machine ? if its open then why it does not show in the open ports list (using netstat -ano command) ?

please help me with this. i am using Intel AMT 6.0 version machine for this.

i have got another machine which is 2.5 version, which is fine and i am able to see the port there.

basically i want to achieve discovery of AMT machines for all versions of AMT.

thanks.

Tej.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - tejs
I have provisioned the machine properly and i am able to lauch WebUI for the AMT machine and see the settings etc.
now the problem which i am having is that when i run my discovery program then it does not detect it as a Intel AMT enabled. when i dig out the reason behind this then i found out that it throws socketexception Exception. it is not able to connect to port 16992. then i have checked opened ports on that AMT machine but i could not find 16992 anywhere.
If its open then why it does not show in the open ports list (using netstat -ano command)?

Tej, what address are you using forconnecting WebUI?
Is AMT answering to port 16992 there, or perhaps 16993?

Regarding netstat -ano, it will not be able to see what ports AMT is using, because AMT uses a different layer and does not go over the OS (it is Out Of Band).
However, if you had LMS installed, you would see it listening to the 16992 port. Do you have all the AMT software installed?
0 Kudos