Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel ME/AMT fails to be loaded or is corrupted

Super_Hansi
Beginner

Hai there,

im having a strange issue with ME FW 6.0.3.1195.

It sometimes fails to be loaded on boot and the bios is showing 0.0.0.1 or 0.0.239.8 and not the correct version, of course its inopperable then, too.

Im hoping someone can provide me the files for 4M Sku as i think a simple reflash could fix this but i wasnt able to locate the files i need for this operation as of yet.

Best regards

0 Kudos
22 Replies
RypeDub
Beginner

ASUS won't know anything, the tool I'm using is Intel Flash Programming Tool (FPT). When I run it, I get Error 23. How do I fix this error? I have an Intel Core i7-3630QM. Is there a program I can run, or something I need to enable in my BIOS? For my BIOS, I can dump it and modify it with AMIBCP so if the setting you tell me isn't available, I can just unlock that option in my BIOS then enable it. I read somewhere online that I might have to remove a portion of my BIOS? Is this true? Or I should be able to have full control over the settings once I enable something?

This is Intel's help forums, they know more than any one about the program I am using and the cause of Error 26, as well as what is required before I can dump the ME (Intel Management Engine Interface) portion of my BIOS. Also, my BIOS chip is one that Intel manufactures, so I'm still in the right place. MX25L6405D is my BIOS chip.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

This forum is for the support of Intel business client software development, notably AMT / vPro technology. It does not provide any support for modifying or working with the BIOS beyond the MEBx menu options and the usage you're describing does not fall within it's realm.  Perhaps you could check with where you  got the tools. 

0 Kudos