Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Lastest DTK supports CIRA on AMT7.0?

hj_hsu
Beginner

Does AMT7.0 CIRA function still require to install MPS to work with DTK?
Just hope AMT7.0 function testcan work smoothly with DTK.
I had bad experiences on AMT6.0.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
THOMAS_P_Intel1
Employee
Remote Access (CIRA) by design requires a vPro enabled gateway (MPS) to terminate the secure tunnel at the DMZ. While we can't comment on future product plans, you can be fairly certain that a gateway will always be in the picture for remote access to work.
Did you have a usage in mind that would not require a gateway? What types of issues are you concerned about?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
hj_hsu
Beginner

Hi Tom, thank for your replying.

I used to have testing with switch box on AMT4. But AMT6 required DTK w/ MPS. Becacuse it was first time to have MPS, so I was not so clear its behaviors. The issue came out, whichI don't know the issue is belonging to ME FW or it is DTK issue or MPS set up environments. Finally, the problem found was related to DTK. Only one of DTK version is avaliable for testing CIRA (ver. 6_08325_2).

Anyway, the issue been clarified. And just wish MPS can include into DTK w/o complex settings, or if there is some instruction for debug will be more helpful.

Best Regards,
HJ

0 Kudos
THOMAS_P_Intel1
Employee
I'll admit that setting up our reference MPS can be challenging, especially if you are unfamiliar with setting up TLS (i.e. VPN) terminators and proxy servers.
Incorporating the MPS in the DTK would be convenient but it would not represent an actual implementation as closely as a separate MPS and management console. The key idea is that the MPS exists separately and is installed in the DMZ so that the managemetn console is not exposed to the public Internet.
May I ask what type of solution you are developing / testing? Is remote access a key feature?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
hj_hsu
Beginner

Basically I am doing NBplatform validation.The platforms are all with vPro config. For testing, focus on DTK is most asthe usage isreally straight forward.
To your other qestion, remote access is a key feature on our product. I also testing some basic funtions with ISVs.

BTW, sometimes customer report some issues caused by DTK, need to get the latest one. But I found the version of DTK wasn't listed. For example: Manageability_Developer_Tool_Kit_DTK_v_61101310.
Where I can find it?

Best Regards,
HJ

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Hsu,
You can get the latest version of the DTK here. The latest version we have available is: v6.0.10097.2.

Thanks,
Gael
0 Kudos
hj_hsu
Beginner
Hi Gael,

Thanks for your information. I will re-conform with my customer about DTK ver..

Best Regards,
HJ
0 Kudos