Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Linux Distribution question

Gael_H_Intel
Hey Intel AMT Linux developers: I am curious about what Linux Distribution you are using on your AMT Clients? We "think" you are all using either SLED 11SP1 64 or RHEL 6 64. What I want to know is what other distributions are you actually using?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
opperpanter
Beginner
I am using Debian (Squeeze/stable - amd64).
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi opperpanter,
I think I see the problem :-) QST and AMT are not designed to work with an AMD processor. I'm afraid you might have to get a different processor before you can use these technologies.
Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
opperpanter
Beginner
Thanks, but it's not an amd processor.

It's a Pentium G6950 on an DH55TC Intel board.
amd64 is for linux the generally used architecture for 64-bit (desktop) systems.
Furthermore, I didn't know Intel was shipping motherboards for AMD processors? Don't think they ever will.
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee

Hi opperpanter,
Ah, glad to hear it! I've passed your post on to the Manageability Forum inside Intel, so hopefully we will get a better response shortly.

Cheers,
Judy

0 Kudos
opperpanter
Beginner
Thanks a lot!
Let's hope they reply in the topic with the specific question.
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi opperpanter,
I just looked up your processor, and according to the spec sheet for it, It does not come with vPro Technology. If you are sure about your processor number, then it might not have been enabled for vPro (AMT Technologies)

Judy
0 Kudos
opperpanter
Beginner
It's true, it doesn't have vPro.
But I don't need it either.
I just need to have a working HECI driver to get the Intel QST SDK working. This is supported by the DH55TC and G6950.
According to Jeffrey Rott (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=82888) the intel open source amt drivers contain the heci driver.
I think it's confusing too, hence my questions in the same topic.
0 Kudos