Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Password change error

I have a Lenovo T61 with AMT support. I enabled AMT in the BIOS. I was able to press Ctrl-P and enter the Intel ME console using default console. But before changing any configuration it asks to change default password. However it rejects any password I enter with an ERROR. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Quoting - Mujdat Pakkan
I have a Lenovo T61 with AMT support. I enabled AMT in the BIOS. I was able to press Ctrl-P and enter the Intel ME console using default console. But before changing any configuration it asks to change default password. However it rejects any password I enter with an ERROR. Any ideas?

Hello,
For starters, we need to make sure you are entering a strong password. I wrote a blog a while back that describes what is expected. You can read it HERE.

I hope this helps and if your question is answered, we would appreciate if you could mark that your question has been answered (on the top of your forum question.)

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

THE PASSWORD MUST B E CONTAIN FOLLOWING THINGS

1 AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS

2 ONE SPECIAL CHARACTER

3 ONE NUMBER

4 ONE CAPITAL LETTER

5 ONE SMALL LETTER

FOR EXAMPLE

P@ssword1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Lenovo is the most popular brand in the world. It provides the best quality technical products. Configuration and technology of the Lenovo are best to compare then the others. you can simply click forgot password and you will receive the email for further instruction. If your Lenovo Laptop is not changing properly, please visit https://www.lenovosupportphonenumber.com/windows-update-error-0x800705b4  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

If anyone at Intel / Lenovo is reading this:

Ouch, you just failed human-centric UI 101.

If you have extreme password requirements, tell the user. Preferably when asking for the password and also when setting the password, but at the very least when setting the password.

THE PASSWORD MUST B E CONTAIN FOLLOWING THINGS

1 AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS

2 ONE SPECIAL CHARACTER

3 ONE NUMBER

4 ONE CAPITAL LETTER

5 ONE SMALL LETTER

You didn't tell me any of this on the screen, and it wouldn't have cost you to.

This makes my head spin that you leave this information out. Please get better!

0 Kudos