Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Problem with PCI-E device be recognized

Kevin_Chiu
Beginner

Hi All,

Recently my project just update Intel ME 6.0.0.1077 (8M SPI)

And it seems will let my system fail to recognize PCI-E device. (Ex CF cardreader controller. (through PCI-E I/F) and WiMax wifi device.

I had checked descripor but no any clue. (maybe I lost something but don't know)

And if I clear ME region by dummy binary but keep the same BIOS region, it could recognize these two devices.

May I know is there anyone had experienced this kind of issue?

If someone coud provide some hint will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Kevin Chiu

Hi All,

Recently my project just update Intel ME 6.0.0.1077 (8M SPI)

And it seems will let my system fail to recognize PCI-E device. (Ex CF cardreader controller. (through PCI-E I/F) and WiMax wifi device.

I had checked descripor but no any clue. (maybe I lost something but don't know)

And if I clear ME region by dummy binary but keep the same BIOS region, it could recognize these two devices.

May I know is there anyone had experienced this kind of issue?

If someone coud provide some hint will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Interesting - you might want to try to clear the CMOS. I'm assuming the system in question is a Notebook? Please provide more information, such as which system (OEM as well) you are having problems with. Also, did you install all the supporting driver upgrades when you upgraded your ME?
0 Kudos