Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Problems using DTK Commander

alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi again,

I have accomplished properly the configuration of my AMT device ( I think so). I can access from a remote machine via webUI to this device and modify some settings...so I think it is cofigured properly.

Now, I wanted to use Commander but I cant connect to the AMT device from the same machine I could connect via webUI. I set the same IP address I set in the webUI, and the same user and password but It doesnt connect.

What am I doing wrong?

I am in SMB Mode with Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Brett_M_Intel
Employee

When you specified the IP address in Commander, did you also include the port number 16992? You shouldn't do this in commander as it will automatically detect the correct port number (depending on the connection type: SMB with Digest Authentication or Enterprise with TLS). You only need to provide the IP address or FQDN of the target AMT system.

- Brett McKown

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you tell us which versions of AMT and DTK are you using?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

When I use webUI, I set in explorer: http://172.16.25.181:16992 and after that i introduce admin/pass and i connect to the amt machine

When I use commander, I set ip: 172.16.25.181 and user admin, and the correct password...but It cant connect.

I am using v.054 DTK version and AMT 3.0

Why??

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi again,

I can connect via Commander now, so everything is fine but Enterprise Mode.

Each time I change in BIOS to Enterprise Mode...AMT becomes disabled in taskbar...and when I re-change to SMB it becomes active again...without any other change nor in OS either BIOS.

I am using AMT 3.0.1 and DTK v0.54...and Windows XP Pro SP2

Thanks
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Alberto, please don't ask the same question in multiple threads, it makes it harder for us to answer your question then.

Since you also asked this question in the Enterprise mode and small business mode thread, I'll answer there.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums//topic/60731

0 Kudos