Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Remote BIOS update using AMT.

Florian_W_
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently trying to understand how a remote BIOS update using Intel AMT might work. We've got two different types of workstations, Dell Precision T1650 and HP Compaq 8200 Elite. Dell, as well as HP only offer .exe files for BIOS updates on their websites. Is it somehow possible to remotely install BIOS updates on multiple of each of the workstations mentioned above using Intel AMT? 

Thanks in advance and best regards,

F. Weile

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello,

It is possible to update the FW using AMT but "It depends" on a number of things. First, it depends on how the OEM implements FW upgrades. Some give you an exe file that you just run in windows (this sounds like what you have - one exe.) Some require putting the bin file on a usb stick and running the tools from DOS. Some split the FW updates into the different parts/regions for the FW. If your OEM requires a full BIOS/FW update in one file, it probably won't work because you can't replace the BIOS if it is in use.

Gael

0 Kudos
elazzouzi__simo
Beginner

hi, 

if can give  me instruction or website where i can  find  how i can  update Bios remotely   using  AMT  that will help me very much    .

Thanks in advance and best regards,

simo

0 Kudos