Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

TLS and KVM problem - Commander 6_0_10040_2

eurosw_vv
Beginner
Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding the Intel AMT:

1. I have a problem configuring TLS using the Manageability Commander Tool.
I followed the instructions in the video clip "Commander_AMT6_Update-11-TLS_Considerations.wmv".
I generated the certs as per video clip, and I entered the names of the 2 Trusted Certificate CNs.
CNs I entered are the names of my PC running the Commander, and the Intel AMT computer.
When I tick the box "Include Local Auth (Agent)", I get the following error msg:
"Call SetTlsSettings returned error: DATA_MISSING", so the Local Auth. box remains unchecked.

I can still connect to the Intel AMT computer.
Commander shows the https connection, but with the following warning msg:
"Connection name, DNS name, certificate name mismatch."

Also, I can connect to the Intel AMT computer without TLS, no problems there.

2. In both cases (TLS or no TLS), my VNC Viewer Plus connection works ok with the exception of the
keyboard control before the WinXP boots, so I can not enter and control the BIOS setup remotely.
Keyboard&mouse work fine once the WinXP boots on the Intel AMT computer.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi, I see that you are using an older version of the DTK. You might want to go grab the latestone here. It looks like there were some fixes with the certificate handling in this new release. Also, in the version you are using, you could configure KVM, but I didn't think that you could actually use it. The lastestrelease has full KVM capabilities.

Let us know if you are still having issues with the latest DTK.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Eurosw_vv2
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. I installed the latest DTK, and I have the same problem.

When I tick the box "Include Local Auth (Agent)", and then OK, I get the error msg:
"Call SetTlsSettings returned error: DATA_MISSING", so the Local Auth. box remains unchecked.
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Let me look into the TLS issue a bit more. Since you're attempting to use the local auth, you're attempting to use mutual TLS, correct?

For the second issue, could you give me a bit more details on the system? Like what version the firmware is and who the manufacturer is.
0 Kudos
KenLloyd
Employee
I am having a similar problem.
Using the demo kit i have provisioned a t410s ( with latest bios ) using SCCM.

From DC1 I can run realVNC plus and everything works great, connecting to the machine in TLS mode.

When i run Manageability Commander version 6.0.10097.2 ( latest) I am unable to connect to the client, and it does not seem to try TLS mode.

I can not connect to the client with the browser interface using either http...16992 or https...16993. i do get login prompt on 16993, but can not login with known password.

--Ken
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Ken,
Let me look into that with the particular issue with the Commander team.

With regards to accessing the system, is the WebUI enabled on the system? It sounds like it potentially is not, you can check this in the MEBX.

0 Kudos