Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Using Microsoft SAC after executing sol boot with AMTRedirection.exe?

postaquestion
Beginner
Howdo Iuse SAC (Special Administration Console) in Windows 2003 Server? After executing a sol boot with AMTRedirection.exe, the telnet window shows the post progress, but after entering into Windows 2003, no sol data (SAC console) comes.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi.

I never used the SAC myself, but I presume it'sacting as astandard Intel AMT Serial-over-LAN software terminal. You are correct, once most OS's load (Windows or Linux) no more serial data is sent to the terminal console. At that point, you need to use RDP or VNC to take control of the machine.

Note that while the OS is loaded, the Serial-over-LAN feature is still avaialble thru a COM port (Generally COM3 or COM4). So, if an application where to send data into that COM port, it would show up on your terminal. In Linux, it's pretty simple to launch on startupa console that redirects the input and output to that COM port. In Windows, you could write an application that makes use of the COM port.

Hope it helps,
Ylian

0 Kudos