Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

error in intel management engine interface

shobhit_jain
Beginner

hi,

i have an intel DG33FB motherboard , core2duo e6750 2.66 ghz. processor,

i ve an a driver issue in the MEI which shows up in the device manager as follows

"Device location : PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

this is problem is occuring even though i have the latest driver installed.

i tried to flash my BIOS but it could not be accomplished due to the same problem

please help

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Is this an OEM system? If so, which one? And where are you getting your updated firmware?

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
DG33FB motherboard doesn't support Intel AMT. You can use the vPro test utility here to see if your system is AMT capable or not.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
shobhit_jain
Beginner

Is this an OEM system? If so, which one? And where are you getting your updated firmware?

sry, i dont know the exact meaning of an OEM system , however my system has genuine intel desktop board as well as processor.

i had downloaded the updated driver as well as BIOS frm intel download center

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Did you purchase this system from a company like Dell or Sony or Toshiba, etc? And were were intending on purchasing a system that is AMT capable? If so, you would need to get firmware updates from the manufacturer of your system, usually from their support site and according to your system's identification (Like HP6910p, for example)

Did you try the test software that Sree provided the link for? I just looked up your info, and it doesn't look like Intel AMT is available on your system.

0 Kudos
shobhit_jain
Beginner
Hi,
DG33FB motherboard doesn't support Intel AMT. You can use the vPro test utility here to see if your system is AMT capable or not.
Thanks,
Sree

i ran the test but it failed, the following report was displayed ma'am...

ADVISORY! The Intel Core2 processor with vPro technology Test Utility
was unable to identify if all the core components are present, turned on or functional in this system.
Without all required components, Intel Core2 processor with vPro technology is not fully enabled.

Hardware failures may be due to system modifications made after purchase.

Software failures may require downloading software, drivers or updating to a later revision. Please visit your place of purchase or system manufacturer's website to download the latest software and drivers.

Chipset: Did not pass
Processor: Did not pass
LAN: Did not pass
AMT: Did not pass
SPI: Did not pass
Chipset: Did not pass
Processor: Did not pass
LAN: Did not pass
AMT: Did not pass
SPI: Did not pass

0 Kudos
shobhit_jain
Beginner

Did you purchase this system from a company like Dell or Sony or Toshiba, etc? And were were intending on purchasing a system that is AMT capable? If so, you would need to get firmware updates from the manufacturer of your system, usually from their support site and according to your system's identification (Like HP6910p, for example)

Did you try the test software that Sree provided the link for? I just looked up your info, and it doesn't look like Intel AMT is available on your system.

no i did not buy the system from any company, it was assembled and that time i had no knowledge about amt so i had no such intensions.

sry i forgot to mention one thing i.e. while flashing my BIOS, when the update was failed due to this problem, then the system rebooted while giving a sequence of beeps from the motherboard.

0 Kudos
indusgeek
Beginner
Quoting - shobhit_jain

no i did not buy the system from any company, it was assembled and that time i had no knowledge about amt so i had no such intensions.

sry i forgot to mention one thing i.e. while flashing my BIOS, when the update was failed due to this problem, then the system rebooted while giving a sequence of beeps from the motherboard.

Hi Shobit,

If you are from India, I could help you with procuring the components.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
shobhit_jain
Beginner
Quoting - indusgeek

Hi Shobit,

If you are from India, I could help you with procuring the components.

Cheers!

hi,

yes i am from india, but i didn't get the meaning of what u said.

0 Kudos
indusgeek
Beginner
Quoting - shobhit_jain

hi,

yes i am from india, but i didn't get the meaning of what u said.

Hi Shobhit,

At Intel we have a Intel software Partner Program which helps Intependent Software vendorsenable application on various Intel platforms, as a part of the benefit stack we offer a 50% rebate on specific system purchase as well.

You can visit www.intel.com/partner if you are not a member you can register online.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
shobhit_jain
Beginner
Quoting - indusgeek

Hi Shobhit,

At Intel we have a Intel software Partner Program which helps Intependent Software vendorsenable application on various Intel platforms, as a part of the benefit stack we offer a 50% rebate on specific system purchase as well.

You can visit www.intel.com/partner if you are not a member you can register online.

Cheers!

hi,

so how can this help me wid the particular problem i m facing.

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
We can't help you unless you get the right parts for your system to support Intel VPro Technology. Visit this blog to see guidelines for purchasing a VPro system.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
indusgeek
Beginner
Quoting - shobhit_jain

hi,

so how can this help me wid the particular problem i m facing.

Hi Shobhit,

Through the partner program the team in India could help identify the vendors from whom you can purchase the vPro components. If you represent a company working on AMT enablement of your products the Intel Software Partner Program offers significant upside for your business.

Cheers!

0 Kudos