Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

intel.com Domain

fred29210
Beginner

I am working with HP dc7700's

BIOS version 1.05 and 1.06

AMT Firmware version 2.0.4.1112

MEBx version 1.1.8.0000

My AMT default settings include the domain as intel.com. The domain is accessed through TCP/IP in the MEBx. If I do a full unprovision it will be set back to intel.com. If I remove the motherboard battery it will default to intel.com.

The problem is I have no intel.com domain so in order for my AMT boxes to locate the ProvisionServer DNS record I have to manually go in to the MEBx to remove the entry. I leave it blank, but I can also put in the name of my domain and it will work. If I edit the domain setting the provision process completes successfully.

The PC does receive an IP from my DHCP server with an address of XXX.intel.com

My assumption is the PC is looking for DNS records in the intel.com domain that does not exist.

How can I successfully provision a PC without manually editing the domain entry?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
fred29210
Beginner

Does anyone else see this issue who has HP dc7700's?

Does anyone on any platform see this issue?

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi,

We have tested this on our HP system with your firmware configuration as well as with the 2.1 firmware (which hasn't been released yet) and we see this in both versions of the bios/firmware. You should contact HP regarding this issue.

GH

0 Kudos
fred29210
Beginner

Just in case anyone else is afflicted with this issue, here is the latest from HP.

"The iME firmware image now clears the AMT default domain setting in order to properly function with USB key provisioning."

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00791156〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3232029&prodTypeId=12454

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

This is good news. I'm still not seeing the new release on their site....

G Holmes

0 Kudos
fred29210
Beginner
Release is scheduled for 3-1-2007.
0 Kudos