Hi, I'm trying to manage AMT in wireless mode and unable to access webui in wireless mode alone.
AMT firmware version is 8.1.0-build 1265
I'm able to connect to AMT webui using wired mode(ip address is 10.0.3.48) and configured wireless setting as below
My Wireless network uses Security type as WPA2-Personal and Encryption type as AES(which is equivalent to RSN-PSK with CCMP)
Created new wireless profile Network authentication as RSN-PSK and encryption as CCMP
Initial setting were below Band mode capabilities: A B G N Radio state: Unknown Wireless Management: Disabled
Then I changed Wireless management to Enabled in S0, Sx/AC
Restarted AMT system and shows Radio state as on in wireless settings of Webui
Wireless ip address in webUI is showing as 0.0.0.0 only I checked Intel® Management and Security Status Application in AMT system it shows link down in wireless mode,
Wireless connection Link Status : Link Down IPV4 Address: 0.0.0.0 Configured for Wireless: Wireless enabled
I have disconnected LAN cable and restarted system. Tried to access webui in wireless mode,Getting error as Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage If i check IP address for wireless connection using ipconfig in AMT system, i'm getting ip address(10.0.3.49) and not able to access web ui using that ip address(http://10.0.3.49:16992).
I'm able to take rdp of AMT system(Windows 7 OS is loaded in AMT system) and ping from another system.
I configured AMT through SMB mode. Am I missing any wireless setting?
Wow - off hand there are only a couple things that I can think of that might cause issues. One is that you can't use static IP adresses - the IP address has to be shared with the host (doesn't look like that is happening?)
Also, you can verify the following:
1. For Intel AMT to work with a wireless LAN, it must share IP addresses with the host. This requires the presence of a DHCP server to allocate IP addresses and Intel AMT must be configured to use DHCP.
2. Security Settings (looks like you are OK here...)
- Key Management approach: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) or Robust secure Network (RSN)
- Encryption Algorithm: Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) or Counter Mode CBC MAC Protocol (CCMP)
- Authentication: Passphrase or 802.1x profile
3.0 Intel® Wi-fi Adapters supporting vPro: (current generation adaptors- basically Centrino Ultimate or Advanced-N series)
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205