Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1136 Discussions

About the structure of the API - createService, deleteService, getServices

Daniel_E_
Beginner

The N.API reference mentions createService, deleteService and getServices, implying that my server could have a variable number of services. Also createService accepts a name and a key - what is the significance of these strings? Do I just invent any strings I like?

What is a service for? I see getRooms returns "the rooms in your service" but it doesn't accept a service ID, so how does it know which service I am asking about?

And in basicService.js it never calls createService, deleteService etc. It just calls N.API.init, and specifies a hard-coded service name and key.

So do we call createService first, then init? When would it make sense to use createService, deleteService and getServices?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Multi service means Intel CS for WebRTC MCU support multi tenant and can run as a cloud service. Each service work as a tenant and serve on entity or company which logically separated with other service. Currently each basicService act as one entity's application server and associate with one MCU service.