Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

iOS Negotiation Issue

Arran_W_
Beginner

I am currently working on an iOS application which will be able to create a WebRTC call to a server application. So far I have been able to setup my signalling server to allow the iOS app (which is mainly the Intel peer to peer sample) to send an offer and its candidate information to the server. Once this is received the server will reply with it answer and candidate information. However the iOS app then goes on to send its media stream information and an updated sdp within an offer. This is causing problems on the server end as my server application does not support renegotiation. Is there any way which i can initiate a call from the iOS application without having to send the offer/sdp twice?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Arran

Sending offer multiple times is mainly for Trickle-ICE support. Otherwise the connection time will be much longer. My understanding is you are using Intel CS for WebRTC iOS SDK to connect to your own MCU server. Why not directly choose Intel CS for WebRTC MCU? Any special reasons on that?

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Arran_W_
Beginner

Hi Zhai,

At the moment we are using a native windows app on the receiving end of the call. This was built to support the signal master signalling server. We do not have access to the windows app to implement the Trickle-Ice support.

Thanks,

Arran

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Arran

Renegotiation is required for Intel CS for WebRTC P2P client. It cannot be easily disabled. Usually, a client does not send stream data until the second negotiation.

0 Kudos