Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1689 Discussions

Account deactivation

p3r1
Beginner

Hi DevCloud team,

While testing my software and compiling stuff (updating linuxbrew) I received a deactivation notice due to "observed prohibited use such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, malicious program or tampering with Developer Cloud services.".

I am not sure what exactly triggered this but it's a false positive.

How can I appeal to reactivate the account?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities. 

In our efforts to stop the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. 

Kindly register to open a new account here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/devcloud/enrollment.html

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Thanks and Regards,

Diya Nandy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities. 

In our efforts to stop the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. 

Kindly register to open a new account here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/devcloud/enrollment.html

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Thanks and Regards,

Diya Nandy

0 Kudos
p3r1
Beginner

Hi Diya,

Since my email is already used for this account, I'll need to use a different one each time this happens? As I don't know exactly what action triggered the deactivation, chances are it will happen again and I guess I'll need to create yet another account.

I see also that name+keyword@email is not accepted by the system, to be able to reuse may main email, so I'll need to be using new email addresses each time.

As I guess that would look a lot more suspicious (keep creating new accounts under the same name but different random email addresses), is there any better way to do this?

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To investigate the issue with our internal team, kindly share your Intel DevCloud user ID.

Thanks and Regards,

Diya 

0 Kudos
p3r1
Beginner

It's ok, I created a new account for now and reinstalled everything. As long as DevCloud is happy with this then I can make it work.

If I keep getting deactivated I'll come back to the forum and see what we can do!

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. 

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos