Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1660 Discussions

Compile for FPGA hardware failed

Syhuang
Novice

##  my environment

Syhuang_0-1701419370707.png

##  my operation

cd ~/FPGA/oneAPI-samples/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/ReferenceDesigns/cholesky/build
cmake ..
qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 -d . build_hw.sh

## contents of build_hw.sh

#!/bin/bash
make fpga

## the result of my operation

build_hw.sh.e2441416 and build_hw.sh.o2441416 file generate, and the contents of build_hw.sh.e2441416 is next: 

Error: qsys script failed! See cholesky.fpga.prj/quartus_sh_compile.log for details.

llvm-foreach:
icpx: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[3]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/cholesky.fpga.dir/build.make:84: cholesky.fpga] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:101: src/CMakeFiles/cholesky.fpga.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:216: src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:118: fpga] Error 2

and the contents of .cholesky.fpga.prj/quartus_sh_compile.log

ct_property DEVICE AGFB014R24A2E2V: The device AGFB014R24A2E2V is unknown.
2023.12.01.00:17:04 Info: add_instance cholesky_fpga_di_inst cholesky_fpga_di
2023.12.01.00:17:05 Info: set_instance_property cholesky_fpga_di_inst AUTO_EXPORT true
2023.12.01.00:17:05 Info: save_system top_cholesky_fpga_di.ip

So could you help me to fix this error? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Syhuang
Novice

Hi, Mr.Alekhya, After trying your advice,I fix this problem,thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities. We are working on this internally and would get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We appreciate your patience. Regarding the errors on FPGA nodes, we apologize for the inconvenience caused & have forwarded your development experience to our relevant team. As of now, we could provide a possible workaround to compile for emulation (fast compile time, targets emulated FPGA device) using below commands:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .
source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh
cmake ..
make fpga_emu

If this helps in resolving your issue, make sure to accept it as solution. This might help others with similar errors.

Thanks,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Syhuang
Novice

Hi, Mr.Alekhya, After trying your advice,I fix this problem,thank you very much!

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further information, please post a new question as this case will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos