Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1660 Discussions

Developer Cloud account has been deactivated.

sandeep3
Beginner

Hi,

I got the below email:

Your Developer Cloud account has been deactivated due to observed prohibited use such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, malicious program or tampering with Developer Cloud services.

I was doing matrix multiplication to submit an assignment, I don't know why this email came. I have important files to submit today, but today itself it got blocked. Can you activate account so that I can take my data? It is so terrible filter you are having. At least you have to warn before you do.

I am using intel devcloud oneApi.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities. 

In our efforts to stop the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. 

Kindly register to open a new account here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/devcloud/enrollment.html

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
IvanR
Novice

I want to update this and add-- this happened to me too. It seems like a mass purge of the user accounts. Mine was 181667 and they changed it to another number. Very unfortunate to imagine this could be the reason for my lack of access to the cloud, of which I was very active. If anyone could help, or at least give some words of advice moving forward, it would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I still will continue to use my Devcloud images from the docker repos.

Sincerely,

Ivan R.

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi @IvanR ,

We are sorry to say this, but we can see that your account automatically expired because you did not renew it.

Can we go ahead and close this case?

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
IvanR
Novice

This is the problem: "We are unable to provide you with an Intel Developer Cloud account due to previous reasons for account deactivation. If you believe this is in error, please contact our support forum for assistance."

If someone from intel could contact me about renewal, i would much appreciate it.

Giovannienzo
Novice

I can relate; a sudden mass purge of user accounts is definitely unsettling. Experiencing the shift from account 181667 to another number, impacting your cloud access, is concerning. Utilizing Devcloud images from Docker repos in the interim is a pragmatic approach; here's hoping for a swift resolution or insights from the community to navigate this situation. 

0 Kudos
Dumo
Beginner

I have similiar issue, while I haven't to login to devcloud portal once. I just registered 2 days ago, account provisioning yesterday then immediately deactivated with same claim

0 Kudos
IvanR
Novice

What's frustating most of all is I still don't know how to approach the method used for optimization such that I can transition from simulation over to IonQ. But hopefully the Intel Quantum team can clear up some of my questions. I was really hoping I could use this as a step towards using open source FPGA hardware and moving forward accordingly. Anyways, hope to talk soon and I really hope someone can help clear up some of my questions. Much love and thanks for cloud access so far. 

-Ivan R.

0 Kudos